[Squad] Was thinking about buying Squad but....

TESTEFY-HD

BANNED
BANNED
I was looking at Squad on steam and it looks really good. I also was a huge fan of Arma 3, and the reviews say this is a lot better than Arma 3.

But, reading the reviews something sticks out big time about the negative reviews. I have a AMD FX8120 CPU. Apparently there is a a issue and Squad won't run on a AMD CPU/GPU. Is this true? I don't want to waste 50 bucks than have to go through the STEAM return process again. When they say it will take up to 14 days for your return to hit your card, they take all 14 days.

Any help on this matter would be appreciated because the graphics and idea of good team play are great.

There is a new patch coming out that addresses a sound issue on multiple fronts. I can't guarantee it will fix the issue, but slappy has a AMD CPU and probably older generation then yours. If it's fixed for him, it should work for you.

There is a new patch coming out that addresses a sound issue on multiple fronts. I can't guarantee it will fix the issue, but slappy has a AMD CPU and probably older generation then yours. If it's fixed for him, it should work for you.
I am just not sure after the reviews I read are only a couple days old. They all pretty much say do not buy if you have a AMD CPU until they address the issue and say it is fixed.

Like I said, wait for people to confirm the upcoming patch fixes it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I have an
AMD A10-7800 Radeon R7
Your making it really hard on me now not to spend the 50 bucks...lol have to wait for paycheck to go in the account but I will be pissed if all the sudden they do one of there fire sales and it goes down to like 25-35 bucks.

LOL I spent 75 ish on a game the other week and told my buddy to get it he found it for $10 I was livid lol
That is why I love and hate steam. Great deals when they do there sales, but sucks when you bought a game at full price and the sale is over the 14 day refund policy for price matching.

Be prepared to walk or run everywhere. ..no vehicles, and forget about jumping over a fence or short wall.

it was horrible for me a couple weeks ago. I couldnt even play it, but now i can play it, mind you my PC isnt the best for this game, it really isnt. that has a huge part in it. (AMD FX - 4300) Its all old as shit, except my graphics card which made a huge difference when i got it. i get the odd lag spike here and there, but again i think thats because my pc is loosing its mind trying to keep up to the game, not the fact that the game has issues with AMD products. Personally i would get it, try it right away, if its good, awesome keep it. it its not request a refund right away and it usually happens almost right away (atleast for me).

Be prepared to walk or run everywhere. ..no vehicles, and forget about jumping over a fence or short wall.
I played Arma 3 and in all I have read about Squad, they reference Aram 3 a lot. I know what it is like to start with nothing and build yourself up, but when you get killed, you lose everything.

I played Arma 3 and in all I have read about Squad, they reference Aram 3 a lot. I know what it is like to start with nothing and build yourself up, but when you get killed, you lose everything.
This isn't that. It's not a sim.

YOU MUST GET IT! New update is going to be amazing.. I beta tested it today they are "very close" to releasing it, new map, updated maps, .50 cal machine gun emplacement, awesome new gun sounds, today when I was getting shot @ with ak-47 it sounded like the last time I was shot @ with a ak in real life. its going to bring back some PDSD for some players for how real the sounds are getting now.

Hopefully the AMD stuff is fixed for most people.

Jeez, that's a LOT of optimization notes. That map is the shit, Gordurok.

I can vouch if you liked arma, but didn't care for the clunkiness, then squad is for you. As said, no vehicles, so running simulator between fights. I have Intel parts so no help on issues. Sorry :( once it is fixed and vehicles added, then it will be a fantastic shooter

Back