War w/Syria

What about all the other useless crap you'd want close at hand, like food and fuel and ammunition and artillery and paperclips?

Ok let me rephrase that: if Walmart was planning the invasion of Iran, they'd probably have it done within 48 hours. I half think they should handle logistics for the military--at least during Katrina, they were far faster & more reactive than the national guard (under the direction of FEMA). Their supply chain management is among the world's best.

The National Guard is under the authority of the governor who at the time was a female democrat named Blanco. So yeah, they aren't really the people you want to count on when the shit is hitting the fan. Also the majority of people trapped during Katrina were there because they were stupid. Everyone knew that shit was coming. Anyhow, Afghanistan to Iran would be a major airlift. Rennis is right, that is a fuckload of wear and tear and Lex is right about the terrain. You think a column of tanks 3 miles long wants to drive the thousand mile road that would be the longest killbox in history.

Oh I agree--they were idiots for staying, but Blanco relied on FEMA for advice and it still took the national guard a really long time to deliver misordered goods (like all those non-FEMA trailer homes that FEMA ordered and at least once instance of ice being delayed--and obviously melting long before arrival). Meanwhile, Walmart was already in action--raw materials, survival materials, food and water, tools, boats, camping supplies, sanitation supplies, generators, etc. Walmart was on the ball, predicting what would be needed and getting it there long before the situation became dire. The National Guard's orders were late and often confused.

Anyways, I was unaware of the minefields or severity of the mountain ranges. I'd have thought that a 1200km journey could be completed sooner. Our armored vehicles--how long (time-wise) can they operate without refueling? I'd think they'd be deployed as spearheads and supply lines would be playing catch-up.

I just hope we don't have to use military force against Iran or Syria.

katrina wasn't a bad hurricane, it was a bad setup, the people who stayed had no idea that the levees were going to let go. katrina is known for the destruction, which wouldn't have been that bad had it hit a properly constructed city, category 3 out of 5 cmon. as for the war side. people die, and the only thing that advances is technology, not humanity

katrina wasn't a bad hurricane, it was a bad setup, the people who stayed had no idea that the levees were going to let go. katrina is known for the destruction, which wouldn't have been that bad had it hit a properly constructed city, category 3 out of 5 cmon. as for the war side. people die, and the only thing that advances is technology, not humanity

Katrina was a monster Hurricane, people always think New Orleans was the only place to get hit bad: Buluxi Mississippi, Panama City FL, Mobile AL, Gulf Shores AL, just to name a few.........The whole gulf region got pounded dude... when we went flying, even 6 years after it happend, you can still debris from people's houses out in the middle of no-where. There is shit EVERYWHERE out in the woods, I found a water heater, furnace, half of a roof, and aluminum siding in the woods about 10 miles from any human beings in all directions. Ft. Rucker is about 120 miles north of the coast and they almost 500 helicopters to Ft. Campbell KY, to avoid a Weather disaster.

People of that region are a custom to rough sea weather, hurricanes, ans storms, and when Katrina came all of the smart people knew not to fuck with this one and dipped out. As for all of the other people who stayed... well, they knew what they were getting into, as far as FEMA's response: good thing it was just a hurricane and not something worse.... Imagine all of that shit took place in a larger more populated City like NY, LA, Chicago, ATL, or even DC..

If I were in GW's shoes when all that shit went down, I would have called up Rucker, Campbell, Eglin and every national gaurd unit available with helicopters and started getting people out, or at least supplies. Lucky enough, they did that, about 4 days after the weather allowed them to get in there. One of my buddies at work is an AF air traffic controller who was one of the guys organizing all of the Air assets for relief, they had a TON of shit flying around over there, unfortunately, not everyone had Hoists and lift people out.

Imagine all of that shit took place in a larger more populated City like NY, LA, Chicago, ATL, or even DC..

If I were in GW's shoes when all that shit went down, I would have called up Rucker, Campbell, Eglin and every national gaurd unit available with helicopters and started getting people out, or at least supplies. Lucky enough, they did that, about 4 days after the weather allowed them to get in there. One of my buddies at work is an AF air traffic controller who was one of the guys organizing all of the Air assets for relief, they had a TON of shit flying around over there, unfortunately, not everyone had Hoists and lift people out.

We had a hurricane near New York a couple years ago--they evac'd the low-lying neighborhoods because it'd be impossible to get everyone out.

Back