Video recorder that records FB games?

Duke

Any one know of a recorder I can record a FB game. Specifically WOM - War of Mercenaries

Fraps works with chrome for the most part the frame counter is a little buggy and honestly as time goes on it works worse and worse for this unintentional feature.

OBS the software twitch streamers use can record your whole screen etc. Its free and can do the job.

Ok. I have Fraps and Play claw but they didn't seem to be doing the trick. I'll play around with it a little more. Perhaps I was doing something wrong. I'll check OBS and Action. OBS looks like it may have potential. Thanks

OBS has all kinds of potential but at the same time it makes it a little slower to understand at first. Basically you need to add a source such as the video card or screen. Rather than streaming you just set it to record to file. Its overkill software for this but its free.

Fraps and some other software can hook the browser window if its using opengl or directx but with fraps I've seen some things lately in chrome. The frame counter doesn't update properly. If you start recording it won't turn red for awhile or at all. I always check the folder to see if a new file started. If I have more than one window open it will flicker on the video. It just was never meant to do this. It worked well on windows 7 on older chrome versions but now not so much.

I use Action! when I can't use nVidia shadow play. it has options for dx games or picking your own windowed size. they have a free trial I believe.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yes I used OBS and all I got was a black screen with sound ... still need to work with it and assign a source ... Just haven't had the time yet ..

Yes I used OBS and all I got was a black screen with sound ... still need to work with it and assign a source ... Just haven't had the time yet ..
When you preview stream if its black, your video is going to be black lol. It means your recording nothing.

Right click on sources and add one. You can specify window but thats kind of specific, Just like action! with that you can select a region. Personally I would just record the whole monitor and edit later. That way you dont have to set the area for each time, game etc.

I'm recording but not video just audio ... because I can hear the game sounds but I just don't have a picture ... I just didn't have time ... I'm going to do it now and see what I can get done.

Just preview stream before you even start playing the game. If you dont see anything, there wont be anything. Preview shows you exactly what you will see. If the game goes full screen its best to just record the monitor itself.

video.jpg

Still nothing ...Anything I need to change? I tried using the Monitor 1. I have two monitors.

Still nothing ...Anything I need to change? I tried using the Monitor 1. I have two monitors.

If your in that screen i think you are overthinking it.

Sources, right click > add. You need to do that and stop doing anything else until you have done that.

I for example have a scene with 2 sources:
Untitled-9.png

If you dont have a source in your sources list and it be checked, and of course a valid source. Your going to be in trouble. If you do maybe try editing the scene but shouldnt be needed.

Last edited:
Ok ... I added monitor capture and now I can see my screen .... was that the right 'add' ?

Ok ... I added monitor capture and now I can see my screen .... was that the right 'add' ?

I would assume so just guessing of what you told me :p I mean the actual right click menu says add and thats what I meant. If you can see your screen in the preview now, that is what will record when you record.

Ok .... Thanks Rain ... If I have any more problems I'll get back to you ... :)

OK ... I learned something else ... Being it is saved as an MP4 I have to watch it with VLC because my Windows Media player won't display it ....

Yup WMP has some limitations. VLC and other players like Potplayer are way better and should be your default player anyway.

WMP on 7 and 8 should play it just fine. I prefer VLC anyways. It might be the fact that the video editing software I use has installed a codec or something.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Back