Video Card Question

killer9110

Right now I have a Nvidia 6800 gfx card and 2gb of ram. However, BF2142 only runs at 15-30 FPS and when there are 15 or more other players nearby their models bring my FPS down to between 5 and 10 (along with a constant frame-delay when moving).

I installed the defragment frame-booster thing into my BF2142 (heard talk about it via vent) but nothing drastic changed.

I am not a wiz with computers but I believe this setup should run BF2142 atleast on low settings (currently run low settings). If anyone has any suggestions please feel free to reply. (Please note that I am tight on cash and can't afford things like a GeForce 9800)

Thanks, -Killer- 056

I have a Dell, with about 300 watts power I believe. The motherboard model number is: JC474 WJ770 (E310)

I am willing to make upgrades / start from scratch. (May need time to invest money into such a project)

- I am just going to upgrade everything you suggested eventually, they are killer deals.

well. before putting money on a new gfx card .. whats your cpu? and whats your gaming resolution? a New graphic card isn't always what you need ... i got my lil business in Pc building and gaming part, and i can say, if you upgrade your gfx card, 80% of time the cpu will be a hugh bottleneck

Back