Verticality Glitch - Taking it Out of Rotation

jollygreendino

Many will be familiar with the Verticality glitch that some players, such as myself, have to deal with. Within a couple of minutes, many meshes will disappear from the game world including other players.

We should be taking Verticality out of the map rotation until this is fixed.

If you aren't sure what I am talking about, you can view this clip that I captured when I was playing with @l_SLaPSHoTz_l . It's pretty funny:

Sweet, thank you! Everything disappears for me, the trees, bushes, crates, vehicles and all players. I know Ambush and Skirmish do it, so I would imagine Push does as well.

A friend of mine has this bug. If you get it, change your Shader detail to "High" and rejoin the server.

That's weird. What GPU do you have? My friend who had it was running an AMD.

But from what I've read on reddit and from what worked for my friends, Shader Details -> High (and High only, not Very High) fixes the problem for them. But it does require a map reload for the settings to take effect.

I'm surprised that they didn't fix this in today's update. It's an issue that they're aware of, so if nothing else I'd expect them to default all players to that shader setting just as a temp fix at least.

That's weird. What GPU do you have? My friend who had it was running an AMD.

But from what I've read on reddit and from what worked for my friends, Shader Details -> High (and High only, not Very High) fixes the problem for them. But it does require a map reload for the settings to take effect.

I'm surprised that they didn't fix this in today's update. It's an issue that they're aware of, so if nothing else I'd expect them to default all players to that shader setting just as a temp fix at least.

They were too busy breaking stuff with the update, I suppose. And maybe it's because I never reloaded maps--I have a 980.

Looks like they broke the scoreboard, what else is broke?

Looks like they broke the scoreboard, what else is broke?
I'm not sure if you were on yesterday, but it was a huge shitshow. The first patch they released claimed it was a hotfix but broke a lot of servers and the multiplayer window. They released a hotfix to the hotfix and things seem to be working with the exception of the scoreboard.

Back