Ubiquiti/Unifi product line

tongobongo

My god, if you're not running this product line, you need to start.

I have a Unifi AP Lite for a client come in today. Configuring it was stupid easy.

1. Plug into PoE injector or PoE switch.
  2. Fire up the controller software.
  3. Click on adopt (it automatically scans for unadopted devices)
  4. Set the wireless network and password.
That's it.

I currently have the Edgerouter X doing my routing and firewall. My ISP Router is in bridged mode so it's functioning as an access point. Also have a TP-Link switch that is VLAN'd for my wireless and wired connections (it was on sale).

Highly recommend. You can pick them up on Amazon for around 75$.

I 100% agree with you. super easy to setup and install.

i setup 2 sites, one using the USG, a UBNT POE switch, and AP.
the other with the security gateway pro, and AP.

i have also used their Nanobeam AC for temporary use when we have had fiber broken between two towers. that was also super easy to setup.

The range on the LR model is like 600 feet or something crazy.

The insight the dashboard offers is ridiculous. RF scanning is super helpful too.

cant stand them....the pro versions of the same AP keep dying in networks i run....i have replaced over 15 of the pro versions to date in the last 2 or 3 years....biggest factor seems to be the PoE going dead in them and them no longer powering up....all the injectors or PoE switches still work but the AP die....

cant stand them....the pro versions of the same AP keep dying in networks i run....i have replaced over 15 of the pro versions to date in the last 2 or 3 years....biggest factor seems to be the PoE going dead in them and them no longer powering up....all the injectors or PoE switches still work but the AP die....

That's odd. Do the AP's run hot when they're connected by PoE? I've seen some freaky stuff happen where the wiring is bad and can fry PoE AP's. Do you have it ran through a patch panel?

All of our APs are internal usually.

All of our APs are internal usually.

I know Unifi makes all-weather access points. I'd still be apprehensive having any networking equipment exposed to the elements but that's just me.

Back