Torchlight Modding

Frit0z

For those who dont know or havent tried it yet Torchlight is a diablo like game. Singleplayer only. Its an extremely fun game and even the most mundane of tasks can be addicting. I caught myself transmuting gems for about an hour and a half last night before i went to bed because i wanted a perfect gem... its only a $20 game so if you liked diablo at all you should give it a try.

Now to what this thread is all about... Modding the game itself. They have just released the TorchED tool which gives you complete control over the game and its very easy to use. The only thing you cant change is the actual source code for the game. So if any of you plan on modding this would be the place to discuss it i know it will prly be me and clutch doing most of this stuff but maybe this will make some other people want to play.

My first mod will be adding "The Secret Cow Level" its a must have for any diablo like game in my opinion. even if its a knockoff. And i dont plan on having the kill the king makes you unable to recreate it :p. I will also be adding a respec option via their respec potion in a vendor.

This is a link to Torchlight mod discussion forums. it has a link to download the tool on it also.
http://forums.runicgames.com/viewforum.php?f=6

i played the demo on steam
im a huuuge d2 fan so this was really familiar to me, it was quite fun
but no multiplayer is kinda lame
but for 20 bucks...veryy enticing

Yeah, it looks very very fun. 2-3-4 player coop would've been an instabuy for me, but as it is right now - meh.

I don't understand why they don't make a DLC with coop. I'm sure their game would sell even better with that.

Instead, they're making some shit free-to-play / money enhanced MMO out of it - a completely new game.

Fuck that.

I'm with Heat -- If it had multiplayer on the same level as Diablo, that would be EPIC.

Yea i was like that at first too. i only ever really played the multiplayer for diablo but then i decided what the hell its only $20 if it gets me a few hours of amusement then good. Here i am with about 25 hours into it and still having fun. Although now that i beat it im gonna focus more on the modding aspects of it.

Back