Titan camping

ShirleyTemple

First off, I would like to say how much I appreciate the servers you guys maintain and the level of professionalism in which you do it.

That being said, I AM TIRED OF BEING KICKED FOR GUNSHIP CAMPING!!!

As I understand it, camping the titan with a gunship means that you are continually in close proximity with the titan and only engage targets leaving the titan. I further assume that if you are attacking the titan guns and a target leaves the deck of the titan it is fair game.

Now, I have been kicked 3 times in as many days for gunship camping and in all cases I was neither camping or even shooting the titan guns or even anywhere near the titan to begin with.

Any of you wish to fly with me then you will see that I am not violating the rules. If I fly at high altitude as so many of you do, and cover damm near the entire map before doing a flyby on the titan with the scanner, how can that be considered gunship camping, and if it is then you are all guilty of it as well !!!

I am sorry that I am bitching, but darn it, enough is enough!

If the game play I bring is inconsistant with you policies then I wish to know exactly what the problem is.

Please clarify this for me! I don't want to think that some of the admins are just pissed off because I killed them and jump to the kick button for revenge, but it is lingering in my mind, I am pretty upset about this and I shouldn't be because it is just a game.

I play on your servers because of the rules and the great people. I FOLLOW THOSE RULES PERIOD!

Relax a bit. What server were you playing, when did it happen, and do you know who kicked you?

I'm sure we can clear up any misunderstanding; Mostly, if you are hanging out by the closest silo or near the enemy titan, clearly this is camping. If you engage with enemy gunship and they make it back to their titan disengage and clear the area, hanging out waiting for them to come back out is still camping. If you are hanging out shooting titan guns and engage with anything taking off occasionaly might be ok; but, multiple times would be considered camping; this is a very fine line. To be save I don't hang around the enemy titan. As for the high flyovers I cannot think of anybody that comes to mind; usually, our pilots are >300ft. & in front of the titans. If enemy pilots are getting shot down before the first silo you can bet something is going to hit the fan. If you are within these rules we are sorry for the misunderstanding and we will deal with this internaly. I hope this clears some things up; and thanks for playing on our servers.

Shirley, I kicked you today for gunship camping, I took off from my titan and was headed out to 1 on tampa, I was not even halfway there when I got hit.

I understand your frustration with this however, if you feel that you're going to get kicked for camping because you are blowing up the titan guns, than I suggest that you wait till any gunship taking off from the titan is out of visual range or at least 500m away from a titan before you start blasting.

Scenerio:

I place an engineer scanner on the gunship.
I take off from the titan, I fly around 425 - 500 high.
I circle the map looking for gunships and transports and the
occasional tank.

At that altitude, your gusnhip is really crusing right along at
a very good clip and you can get a good view of the field by
doing this.

For this exact situation, I was heading from my titan with
a stolen gunship btw at 500+ The HUD said up there gunship
and it was in front of the titan, I dove and started a turn and
what do ya know there ya were dead center.

I was halfway across the map when I started the dive and turn.

I thought this was good gaming. I wasn't hanging around the
enemy titan, I will make passes at it as I said at high altitude for
scanner images and ALWAYS circle back to at least mid map before
beginnng an attack run.

I was to the understanding that if you are not as balls2dawall said
haning around the nearest silo or titan as this activity clearly is not,
then once the gunship leaves the titan it is fair game. Now if this
is not the case and you cannot attack a gunship between the first
silo and the titan, well ???

I need clarification on this point, and if anybody is confused about
what I am doing, fly with me as I said, and if my activity is not
permissable, then I will immediately cease and stop and stuff.

Scenerio:

I place an engineer scanner on the gunship.
I take off from the titan, I fly around 425 - 500 high.
I circle the map looking for gunships and transports and the
occasional tank.

At that altitude, your gusnhip is really crusing right along at
a very good clip and you can get a good view of the field by
doing this.

For this exact situation, I was heading from my titan with
a stolen gunship btw at 500+ The HUD said up there gunship
and it was in front of the titan,
I dove and started a turn and
what do ya know there ya were dead center.

I

1. although this is not a critique thread, I suggest you remain below that altitude to make better use of your time

2. "right in front of the titan" does not equal Free game if Im taking off from a new spawn, however it is also allowed if I took off from re-arming my weapons/repairing. Its difficult to discern sometimes, which is difficult if you do not have a direct visual on the aircraft.

just make sure to double check yourself, and to be safe, follow my 1st piece of advice, (to hold you fire untill your targeted aircraft reaches 250+ away from the titan) as gunship rockets have a maximum effective range of the whole map.

I guess like in life my intentions are reversed. I fly this way specifically to avoid any problems with the titan camping thing. I pride myself in following the rules even to the point of suffering horrible game play from those who dont.

I wish somebody would fly with me to see exactly what I am talking about, because I think that you all think that I am trying to "stretch" the rules with this "grey area" thing. I am not! My goal is to play fair and to obey the rules and not to try to go around them. I figured this was an apt strategy and works cept for when I run into one of you guys in a gunship or a saw.

As for motion mining the gunhip pads, we were trying to steal a gunship and you guys were flying over us shooting so I mined the pads, three times as I remember. As for attaking a spawned gs, I thought that an unmanned asset was not out of bounds. If we flew by the titan and the gunship was on the pad we would blow it up to prevent that asset from hitting the field. Is this not right?

I will leave this dog to rest, I just want you guys to know that I am not trying to play outside your posted rules. As I have said, I play here because of the rules and the server management. I have pride in my game play and conduct myself in such a mannor as to avoid these problems, guess I am just cursed.

Again, thank you for the great job managing this server and if I get the brunt end of your management techniques then I guess I will have to chaulk it up to oh well...

Just know that I am not intentionally breaking rules or painting the sky grey.

Thanks

This is a pilot thing - i would suggest all you pilots should be flying low around silo #3 on Suez as a basic rule. :)

If you are flying within 150 meters or so from the enemy titan attacking things and you were not killing the guns you are in Violation of the rule. While there are as you say grey areas. this is not one of them reguardless of how high you are. 3 reasons to be at the enemy titan.
1. you chased a gunship there and are waiting for him to come out.
2. your shooting the titan guns.
3. your clearing a gunship or transport that is guarding the enemy titan back deck.

now i understand that you can be going quite fast at higher altitudes but 500 does not yield that much of a speed increase.

i use these 3 rules above so i stay in compliance with the gunship camping rules.

Kicked for Titan Camping...

I was kicked today at approximately 1010hrs on March 14, 2010 for Titan Camping.

I am unaware of the specifics of this rule, but as I understand it is in regards to using a gunship.

I was on the building closest to the Suez titan and was shooting out the titan guns (engineer kit) to allow my squad to enter the area safely to establish spawn points and APC parking.

Is shooting out the guns when the shields are down considered camping?

When i fly i just stay away from the titan because if you there shooting out the titan guns and a transport or gunship comes out most people wont resist the apportunity and go after, almost every morning i kick a lot of people for camping and always is the same excuse fly by or shotting titan guns, so just stay away from the titan and that's it.

Back