The "What did you buy over the Holiday Sale season" Thread

HeatSurge

I've decided to start this thread, because it might be a good place to spot deals or intriguing places to waste money and buy useless shit, which is pretty much the spirit of Christmas and all that.

Please try to post only things that might be good deals for other people...

So.

The damage so far for me:

XFX R9 290 newegg (got lucky and got an unlockable to 290x one), 5% sitewide coupon (currently mobile only)

Metro Vacuum ED500 from Amazon, was pricematched with some other store at $45 yesterday, sadly over.

Razer Deathadder 2013 from Amazon, was pricematched with Newegg at $42 yesterday. Still on.

... and a fucking starter for my car -_- .

With 1% cashback pretty standard for credit cards these days. If you don't have one that gives it, apply for one.

Oh, btw if you're ordering from places, go through fatwallet. They have cashbacks for a LOT of stores that I didn't know about, so I feel like a retard kind of.

P.S. I'm also eyeballing a huge purchase, might pull the trigger tomorrow. I've wanted a Kawai CE220 digital piano for a few months; Kraft Music will price match 15% of Guitar Center, and I won't have to pay tax, $1614.99 total :-O . Other than my car, my most expensive purchase yet. Then again, I was contemplating a CA65 which is $3500, but I decided it's a bit too much for me at the moment :-D .

I never left my PC for black Friday shopping!!!!!

Bought a I7-4770k from tiger for $249 shipped
EVGA Z87 FTW mobo $204
Corsair dominator platinum 8 GB 2300 cas 9 $125
Corsair H110 CPU water cooler $89
EVGA 770 GTX FTW 4GB ACX video card $325

Updating my rig so merry xmas to myself. :)

Jawbone Bluetooth speaker for son $99
Xbox 360 holiday bundle (Best Buy) $189 for son
Samsung 46" 6300 series lcd for mother $650

Paramount coffee $64. Great coffee and they always have 40% off on BF so stocked up.

Black Ice SR1 420 radiator
3Rosewill Hyperborea 140mm fans
Some flannel pjs from amazon
a 22" Samsung LED monitor for work-they're too cheap to get new ones and we're using 15" ones from like a decade ago

Edit: almost forgot-a micro bikini for the Mrs. :)

image024.jpg

image026.jpg

nice bikini. Should not have been that much as there is about 7 square inches of coverage.:)

Ruger 10/22 Takedown & some ammo for it. That's my season's self-gift.

Where / what price? Local? I've been entertaining the idea of getting my first .22 rifle :p ... and maybe a handgun.
$290 at my nearby Dick's Sporting Goods. Usually they go for $400+ in my area. DSG had it on sale for like $360, an instant rebate worth $50, & another which took $20 off. Also got another $20 off $100 purchase coupon--which I'll use on .22 & .308 ammo. In the box was an invite to Ruger.com/NewOwner--which gets me 20% off ($20 max discount) at ShopRuger.com (which, incidentally, is also doing free shipping). I ordered five 10-round mags for $80 (versus $112 last time).

As for rifle versus pistol, I can't really speak about any .22 pistols. I'm in New York, so pistol permits are tough to get. When I do have a permit, though, I'll probably jump for a Ruger MK II or MK III with a heavy barrel. Until then, the 10/22 TD and its bag is going to be my get-home bag.

I think in UT where I live I don't have to have a special permit for a handgun, unless I want to conceal carry it (which I'm not interested in at this point). Also, that "permit" is apparently a 1-hour class that costs like $20...

I bought myself a hodgie pizza from pizza hut with no marinara sauce because they dont know how to make pizzas for 15.90usd

I would've bought my CPU/GPU and water cooling goodies if I was home, I just dont want to risk spending that much money and have something be fucked up on arrival and cant RMA the shit!

I bought a 10/22 ruger($189) for my son this fall and think I will get the takedown also. That was a good price and hard to find sometimes. So I am in the largest gun shop in this area and they have a ruger special so I go in to get the 10/22 for my son's b-day and I walk out with that and LC9 laser. Go figure. What is up with the 22 ammo. 1 50 round box limit.

Sucks... they still sell bricks here in oregon at bimart... granted cost has gone up a lot on them.

I bought a 10/22 ruger($189) for my son this fall and think I will get the takedown also. That was a good price and hard to find sometimes. So I am in the largest gun shop in this area and they have a ruger special so I go in to get the 10/22 for my son's b-day and I walk out with that and LC9 laser. Go figure. What is up with the 22 ammo. 1 50 round box limit.

Yeah it's pretty stupid. DSG defines bulk ammo as a box of 100 rounds or more. You're limited to a single box of that and nothing else from behind the counter.

One big plus for me getting a 10/22 Takedown was actually the well-designed bag. I managed to fit a 14"x5.7"x2.5" cardboard box in the big pocket--and the receiver & barrel in the small pockets. Toss in some survival supplies (food, water, fire-starting, first-aide, navigation, etc). Also got a 100rd box of CCI Mini-Mags plus 4 100 rd boxes of Remington ammo (200 Target, 200 Golden Bullet HP). I still want to find some self-defense loads. I'm thinking about a box of CCI Velocitors.

Back