The Town

Matt-aka-FAST

TBG Founder
Leadership
Saw the preview for this film. Seems like my type of films. Ben affleck doesn't seem to have a stupid role in this film.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QQ7wcayQQLQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QQ7wcayQQLQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Looks good but you could pick up the plot before they even showed you with the girl.

Afleck = Kiss of death for any movie. If he's in it, it's going to suck.

Afleck = Kiss of death for any movie. If he's in it, it's going to suck.

This seems to be true. For example, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan character movies.

Hunt for Red October with Alec Baldwin - Good movie
Patriot games with Harrison Ford - Good movie
Clear and present danger with Harrison Ford- good movie
Sum of all fears with Ben Afleck - stinker

IMO of course.

meh i know he ruins the movies when he is listed on the cast. I've never really seen any film from ben afleck except sum of all fears I believe just because its action and I like that genre and his other movies were not. But I'm still gonna pay to see this movie. I guess i'll let you know if its worth the money or not :)

Sum of all fears wasn't bad, but it could've been a lot better...

Looks good, but then again trailers usually never tell the whole truth. Look at Avatar (The Last Air Bender), trailers made it look good but the movie was horrible and a disgrace to the original TV series.

haha i just noticed it is also directed by Ben Affleck and apparently over at IMDB they got nothing but good things to say about this film in early showings along with other reviews...who knows, he might have something good going for him.

This seems to be true. For example, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan character movies.

Hunt for Red October with Alec Baldwin - Good movie
Patriot games with Harrison Ford - Good movie
Clear and present danger with Harrison Ford- good movie
Sum of all fears with Ben Afleck - stinker

IMO of course.

Not to mention that in Sum of All Fears they dramatically altered the plotline of the whole story so it was not even recognizable. The book was so much better and made more sense, but they probably didn't want to offend any jihadists with the film.

spent 10 bucks tonight to see this film and I got my money's worth. Probably Afflecks best movie as an actor and director. Lots of crazy shooting (seemed pretty realistic), heist, love-hate drama, even a little humor in it. I think you will like it. Probably second best movie of the year after inception. For those who like Jeremy Renner acting. He is was superb in this one too.

Back