The Hunger Games

yea i read the books, really good. the movie should be really good as well.
the books are a really quick read so I definitely recommend them.

Yeah, I read the books but will pass on the movie(s). I don't need some hollywood dickhead to interpret the books for me with his cinematic vision of crap.

i read all 3 of the books as well, easy reads, good story....looking forward to seeing how the screenplay adapts

Saw the movie tonight, i thought it was pretty good, almost 2 and a half hours.

yea i went to the midnight premiere lol...it was alright. thought it kind of lacked cohesiveness. Like they were just focused on getting all the main plot points from the book into the movie but then missed the overall themes and such.

yea i went to the midnight premiere lol...it was alright. thought it kind of lacked cohesiveness. Like they were just focused on getting all the main plot points from the book into the movie but then missed the overall themes and such.

I think the major themes were there, some of the smaller roles werent, which is understandable, they could have definitely made a double movie if they were going to try and hit everything. as far as books to movies go it was done fairly well. unlike davinci code and angels and demons.

Trailer didn't make me want to see it tbh, but reading up on it (not the books, just about the premise of the film etc) has me intrigued. Definitely gonna watch it, but worth paying for in theaters?

Saw it today, pretty good. Didn't read the books but judging by the end there is definitely more to the story to come. I always like seeing Donald Sutherland in a movie, and Hippie Harrelson is always entertaining too. I was disappointed to see them take the bite out of the movie by completely sanitizing the violence. It really took away from the power of the movie which fortunately is not a mistake made with Battle Royale, a Japanese and better version of this movie.

Saw it today, pretty good. Didn't read the books but judging by the end there is definitely more to the story to come. I always like seeing Donald Sutherland in a movie, and Hippie Harrelson is always entertaining too. I was disappointed to see them take the bite out of the movie by completely sanitizing the violence. It really took away from the power of the movie which fortunately is not a mistake made with Battle Royale, a Japanese and better version of this movie.

It was pg-13 what did you expect....lol

Back