The definitive "how to avoid getting yanked out of your squad every thirty seconds" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OfftheRails

When someone joins on you, the game will try to put them in your squad, which is useful and cool. If your squad is full, it will create a brand new squad for you and your bestest pal to be alone in. Which is a colossal pain in the arse if you're acting as a spawn point on Metro or Locker.

But you can turn this annoying feature off! So guys, don't come into teamspeak asking who's safe to join on. Instead, pay your friends the compliment of assuming they're smart enough to have come here and read this thread.

Here's the option you need:

Untitled.png

Set to "YES" is the default, irritating behaviour. "NO" is the better alternative where you stay in your squad while your friend asks the leader to make room.

While you're there, turn the "High-Frequency Network Updates" option to HIGH. The other options appear to be intended for dial-up and ISDN, respectively. This option activates the netcode improvements that make BF4 properly playable after all this time.

I get stuttering with the network frequency set to "high" and I have a a pretty damn good cable connection. The pauses and stuttering went away on medium setting for me but your mileage may vary.

I suggest trying it out on either medium or high and see which works best for your system.

I get stuttering with the network frequency set to "high" and I have a a pretty damn good cable connection. The pauses and stuttering went away on medium setting for me but your mileage may vary.

I suggest trying it out on either medium or high and see which works best for your system.

Interestingly, after I did a clean install of windows 8, current nvidia drivers, and then turned it on High I don't have the stutter that I had before with it set on High.

what i hate is getting booted from a full squad (no friends trying to join you), and puts you into your own squad. then you have to rejoin it

I have been getting this a lot, thanks for the tip and I will give it a try!

Do this before you turn the feature off. Join a friend who's already in a full squad and whose match has just ended. You can then make a squad with more than five players. I remember we had a squad of 8 players before. It was pretty funny :)

i would like to speak with a admin i am tierd of getting kicked off the battlefield 4 servers every 5 min ...plz and thank you

i would like to speak with a admin i am tierd of getting kicked off the battlefield 4 servers every 5 min ...plz and thank you
Pulling up a thread from 2 years ago is probably not going to help. Try creating a new thread with details.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back