The Build

@Chainspike I am going to use you for a new build, if I decide to mod it. Damn that's good!

Love the carbon wrap, that looks really good in contrast to the white. Good job so far.

The Frozen Q 160mm res. Thank god I went 160 because these suckers are a lot bigger in person (second one is on the bed)

I decided to ditch the bitspower and go with the monsoon pump housing which look amazing and were cheaper. Also both d5 pumps are there.

So has anyone used an AIO Cooler then moved to a Custom Loop? Is there a night/day difference? Or are temps about the same? Just a general answer, I know there is a lot to factor in, Case, CPU Clock etc. With my current/next build I was thinking about making the move over to a Custom Loop.

I did and it was a night and day difference. Mind you, I'm in TX but the cpu temps while gaming went down 24C.

So has anyone used an AIO Cooler then moved to a Custom Loop? Is there a night/day difference? Or are temps about the same? Just a general answer, I know there is a lot to factor in, Case, CPU Clock etc. With my current/next build I was thinking about making the move over to a Custom Loop.
you cpu temps may not see that much of a difference...but depending on what kind of "loop" you run you will see decreased temps in other components.

New monitor. Asus ROG. Love it so far!!

The old monitor Asus 27 inch 1080 120hz. Selling it for 250$ if anyone is interested.

Acrylic PSU cover in place. Still needs the pumps mounted to it and the MSI Snake decal installed onto it.

Pumps are installed on the acrylic piece. I just needs to sleeve the cables for the pumps and install the backplates for them

any waterblocks going onto gpus? sorry if already posted info.

Yeah I just not sure how I want to do it. At the time I bought the 980Ti's was no aftermarket PCB designs. Now there is quite a few. I was thinking about selling the two off and using the cash to upgrade to Asus 980 TI Strix version. I'd probably loose like 100$ on the cards but think it'd be worth it. That's why I have been holding off on the EK blocks.

My main goal right now though is to just finally get this case finished. I tried wrapping the outside but it's way to difficult on the contoured pieces and never comes out right. I decided I am going to hydrodip them. Then I can finally get the dang case back together,.

might be wrong, but i thought the only difference between the 980ti reference model and strix was strix had newer opengl version (stock cooler aside). Currently using 980ti (reference) on custom loop, able to hit 1240mhz with boost clock.

Last edited:
strix has a completely custom PCB. thats why has the two 8 pin power connectors versus the 8 and 6 on the reference

Back