[BF4] TDM Server High Ping Players

adalex

A friend of mine and I play in the server all the time and love the server. The problem is we consistently get players with 180 to 270+ ping and sometimes even in the 400s. I was told there was a ping limit but not sure what it is? The problem is that the lag gets so bad that people are basically "cheating" in a sense, because they get shots off on you and kill you and their character is looking in the opposite direction. It also ends up taking twice the amount of bullets to kill someone because of it. A ping cap of 125 is reasonable and would help prevent the server from clearing out because of the constant high ping people. As an example I was playing nights ago and the server was full. Of the 48 people playing,40 of them had a 150+ ping or higher and it was so bad that the remaining 8 people were quitting one by one because their scores so bad and they couldn't fight the high ping players.

Last edited:
It is set to 200. It will not kick anyone who is spiking briefly because that can happen to anyone.

If you are consistently spiking over 200 for about 1 min it will eventually kick you.

I don't think it's working correctly. I've seen people well over 200 that don't get kicked and their ping stays constant. Is there any possible way to change the ping limit to 150 or 125 for a week or so to see if it helps? Worse case it can be changed back if the server doesn't populate, but I highly doubt that will be an issue.

It samples 20 times before it kicks. I've lowered the threshold to 175.

Latency manager is working fine: Two examples from logs

[00:34:21 36] Latency Manager: Kicking Flaixman : High ping (215) - auto script

[01:41:16 94] Latency Manager: Kicking bud_kingz420 : High ping (277) - auto script

It samples 20 times before it kicks. I've lowered the threshold to 175.

Latency manager is working fine: Two examples from logs

[00:34:21 36] Latency Manager: Kicking Flaixman : High ping (215) - auto script

[01:41:16 94] Latency Manager: Kicking bud_kingz420 : High ping (277) - auto script

Sweet! Thank you sir! Also, where did you find this guy with the bananas? lol

lol cant remember had it for a while now but found it on a website that had with weird funny .GIFs

Any possible way to lower it to 140? Most of the high pingers are in the 150-170 range. I've actually seen a lot of people leave the server because they can't compete with the guys who lag so bad :/

Many cases there are guys who are hitting 175 for 75-80% of the game and rest of the time going over but still not getting kicked. I'm not trying to pick on anybody, just want to make it fair for the other 80% of the people in the server who are sub 100 ping, who struggle because the guys lag so bad and make it impossible to play against them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Is there anyway to drop the ping limit to 150 to see if it helps?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Back