TBG games running with OLD server version?

art

yesterday I did a clean install after the new patch 1.51 came out. [WIndows-64-bit, Vista]

1) Uninstall BF2142
2) Re-install BF2142
3) Install patch 1.5
4) Install patch 1.51
5) update Punk buster

Now some servers come up with new maps (very nice!) but most are Red and unavailable. I tried a reinstall of EA Link patch 1.5 just to make sure I had the final patch. When I ran it it said I already have the new version installed.

But the reason I did the upgrade is so I could play on TBG servers. All your server's are in Red and say you are running an "older version" for software.

HELP PLEASE.
Thanks.

I had this problem art. You need to go into the registry to delete a few keys and delete a few folders.

To delete the configuration files and local copy of your account:

Click the Start button on the Windows Taskbar.
Select My Documents.
Right-click the Battlefield 2142 folder and select Delete.
To delete the game files (in the default location):

Select My Computer.
Double-click the C:drive.
Double-click the Program Files folder.
Double-click the EA GAMES folder.
Go to the following folder: C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information (If you cannot find this folder you may have to go to Tools > Folder Settings and click the setting to SHOW hidden folders.)
Right-click the folder named {ED50ECE9-EC54-4C05-B5ED-EE4741A9F2EC} and select Delete.
Close all open windows.
Right-click the Recycle Bin and select Empty Recycle Bin.
To edit the registry and remove Battlefield 2142:

Select Run.
Type regedit in the text field and click OK.
Click File and select Export. I would export it to your desktop so you dont lose it ;)
Name the file Backup and make sure the Export Range is set to All.
Click Save; you will now be returned to the Registry Editor window.
Click the plus (+) sign next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
Click the plus (+) sign next to Software.
Click the plus (+) sign next to EA GAMES.
Back under Software, click the plus (+) sign next to Electronic Arts.
Just above EA GAMES, you will see a folder named EA CORE. Click the plus (+) sign next to EA CORE.
Click the plus (+) sign next to INSTALLED GAMES.
Right-click and select Delete on any Battlefield 2142 folders.
Click the plus (+) sign next to Microsoft.
Click the plus (+) sign next to Windows.
Click the plus (+) sign next to CurrentVersion.
Click the plus (+) sign next to Uninstall.
Right-click the key named {ED50ECE9-EC54-4C05-B5ED-EE4741A9F2EC} and select Delete.
A Confirm Key Delete window will appear, choose Yes.
Close the WindowsRegistry Editor.
Battlefield 2142 should now be completely removed from your system.

Once you have done ALL of that, redo a clean install and it should work fine :) You might have to search for EA Games in the registry to find the right keys. Oh and dont worry if you dont find all the keys in the registry, some go away when you delete the folder from my docs and the hidden folder.

Ok, thanks. On my way to see if this works for me.
It's a killer to see the TBG servers playing the new game maps but not be able to play on them.

I just spent an hour doing all this but when I was completed the TBG clan Servers are still in RED. There are many more servers now on the list. I don't have time right now to fix right now but may again tonight.

When I clicked on TBG servers it says "this server is running an older version of the software than the one you are running. Please choose another."

This will suck if I'm not able to play on TBG servers but I can on everyone elses >:-/

art our servers are not updated yet. so your probably fine. tbg servers should be updated sometime today.

yes it seems like our GSP was clueless for a moment check often to see if you can join them.

Hey, Just to follow up, about 5 minutes ago I was able to get back to playing, and when I saw the 3 TBG clan servers listed as playable I quickly switched over to post.

Thanks for your help all who posted, esp Freedom Fries for the detailed description. At this stage I can't tell if I was simply running the latest prior to the TGB servers or was it the detailed reinstall Freedom provided, but it's a moot point because I wish to give thanks for the quick help and support regardless of how the solution was found.

I need help and it quickly came. Thank you. ... Jumping on to play now! :)

Thanks again, TBG!

tango i think there is a new client patch out now. I've been away for a bit so i cannot find you a link. Maybe someone will post.

Yet same here!

1) Uninstall BF2142
2) Re-install BF2142
3) Install patch 1.5
4) Install patch 1.51
5) update Punk buster

Now some servers come up with new maps (very nice!) but most are Red and unavailable. I tried a reinstall of EA Link patch 1.5 just to make sure I had the final patch. When I ran it it said I already have the new version installed.

But the reason I did the upgrade is so I could play on TBG servers. All your server's are in Red and say you are running an "older version" for software.

Let me know what u find out... thanks....

be sure you have the 2gb version of the patch, there were 2 put out Bob. If you still have problems come back and I will help you get it fixed.

Back