TBG Battlefield Servers and Balance

lol
sometimes youre the SUMO... sometimes youre the loincloth.
Not everyone can win. The shit that has changed these days is all these gamers have a sense of entitlement.
They think that because they spent 60$ on a game they are entitled to play in TBG servers.
They think I am doing shitty cause I am 2-20 cause the teams are stacked when really they are just not very good at the game.
In BF3 it was hacker, hacker. hacker everyone is a hacker. In BF4 it has not become Stack... Teams are stacked, level 100+ on one team.
It gets old. We got accused the other night of stacking a server that didn't even belong to us. We just joined off of friends as we do in our server.

This is the deal man. The people who spend the most time in the server will ALWAYS end up on the same team, because that is the way the balancer is designed.
EVERY server that I have been to that switches the highest scoring squad, or autoscrambles is SHIT. People WANT to play with their friends. The servers do better with the balancer that we use.
Like I said though...sometimes youre the SUMO... sometimes youre the loincloth.

I don't think there are autoblance plugins that will target squads first then lone wolves.

I think I saw one server in BF3 do this for awhile where they targeted whole squads first. Me and my bro were playing in the same squad at Metro with 2 other random players and our entire squad was team switched out of the blue. And we weren't even the top squad (maybe 2nd or 3rd best at that time).

Bottom line, there is no possible way to achieve happiness with every person. Someone will get boned by the team switch. Only thing i can say is do your best at helping your team. Talk in team chat saying " starting echo squad for orders and VoIP" guaranteed you will get some players that will join and try to help. Even if you don't win that game you will have the satisfaction at knowing you did everything you can. I play with or against TBG members all the time and to be honest it is exhilarating to come in and wipe out a TBG squad from behind. Stop blaming the team for it sucking and do something proactive to fix it. My 2 cents.

Balanced!! What is balanced? That could vary from one game to another. I have played where I felt it was not balanced, then next game the opposite team wins. Im not going to say that I dont get tired and think it should be balanced, but I have to tell myself that this is just a game and need to try harder. Of course this is just my opinion. We "the gamer" all whine about something, but I am thankful just to be playing. Unless everyone is talking to each other and play as a team then "balanced" can vary from game to game!!

Perhaps the 2 of you played an arcade game in the 70's but unless you were playing "video" games on mainframe computers in the 60's I doubt you have much game time on old man sixer :p maybe a few years depending on your interests in earlier life. In multiplayer gaming its kinda pointless to try and compare age. The average age of a gamer is older than that of people old enough to have first used modern dialup and in home 3d graphics. I have played telnet games so yes I know multiplayer existed well before I used the internet. Dunno how old six really is sure you probably have 20+ years on him.

The first FPS I played was Air Warrior in 1988. It was the only real FPS (vehicular) in existance for a few years, at least that I knew about. It was played via modem (I had a 21.4 screamer), and the cost was $10/hour until AOL picked it up for awhile. The current incarnation is Aces High II, and many of the people playing it are old Air Warrior players. Try as I might, I can't break into the upper 10% in the standings in that game, probably the result of them playing continuously for 20 years, and me slowing down.

Funny you should mention mainframes. In the 70's I finagled access to Western Electric's DEC System 10 in a Chicago suburb and played "Adventure" and "DECWAR" via an acoustic modem coupled model 33 teletype. I remember one phone bill for 2650 message units during that era.

You might be interested to know (if you don't already) that the boorish behavior that dominates forums and social media today, was no different in the 70s on USENET and BBSs. It is apparently written in stone that many humans will behave differently towards their peers when there is little chance of a physical meeting. Gaming behavior was no different either, except that back then you had to work harder (or pay more) to even get into the games. That tended to ensure that those playing were even more dedicated (read crazed) than they tend to be today. There were cheaters, but cheating was a much taller order back then when you couldn't buy an aimbot.

A few people here were playing the same games as you at the same time as you even if you have 10 years on a few of the guys. You have to attack young people to be sure of yourself :p

Despite my personal rule not to respond to personal attacks and subvert threads, I felt it necessary to respond to the implied "you are old and out of touch" comment in this case. I did not initiate an attack.

Good news is you actually have the distinction of being alive in the same year as Tic Tac Toe was being played on the EDSAC. Funny enough I played it long enough to find a bug in its code lol. Had to write a museum to make sure it was the code and not the emulation.

Although I've programmed (back in the old days), it is not my profession. My main job is running a large SQL based SCADA system. As such, I don't get down in the coding dirt anymore, but am just a mid-level administrator that sweats continuously that my shit will keep working

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I've probably been gaming longer than you've been alive. As to the mindset changing, I seriously doubt it.

Steve, I was joking with Fast there. Inside joke, I admit but it was intended to rib him a bit. And no, I seriously doubt that you've been gaming longer than I've been alive unless you started before Vietnam lol. Anyway, just thought I'd clarify I was just poking fun at Fast. We like to joke around with each other a lot.

Edit: That's always the problem with online communication; we don't get to see the other people, read body language, intonations, etc.

You might be interested to know (if you don't already) that the boorish behavior that dominates forums and social media today, was no different in the 70s on USENET and BBSs. It is apparently written in stone that many humans will behave differently towards their peers when there is little chance of a physical meeting. Gaming behavior was no different either, except that back then you had to work harder (or pay more) to even get into the games. That tended to ensure that those playing were even more dedicated (read crazed) than they tend to be today. There were cheaters, but cheating was a much taller order back then when you couldn't buy an aimbot.

Despite my personal rule not to respond to personal attacks and subvert threads, I felt it necessary to respond to the implied "you are old and out of touch" comment in this case. I did not initiate an attack.

Hope you don't mind edited your post because while you colored the text our forum wraps up long quotes into a scalable container. That and when I read this while I was in the Burger King drive through it was on tapatalk and it had no color that way.

It is sad that the idiotic behavior hasn't changed much. Its just more wide spread. The amount of people and places has exploded and bad things stand out the most I suppose. I really believe the quality of gamer has gone down hill. Its not the in game behavior as much as it is the out of game behavior. The amount of people complaining and the lack of understanding how things actually work. The complexity of game code has expanded far beyond the knowledge of the average person. I make that baseless statement including my unproven fact I believe at least 1 in 10 students graduating now have some form of programming knowledge.

Its all fun and games until someone loses a video card.

Its all fun and games until someone loses a video card.

My grandmother would have buried you alive in hot coals for subverting a maxim like this. Then again, one of her favorite saying was "It's better than a sharp stick in the eye." which sounds silly until you think about how much that would suck. :p

Hope you don't mind edited your post because while you colored the text our forum wraps up long quotes into a scalable container.

You guys get the award for being the the most ass-kicking forum admins in the interwebs. I made that post, viewed it and realized I could have handled the format better, and before I had time to fix it, you did...it was like 5 minutes! Thanks!

S'ok sixer. You rubbed the right spot ;).

You guys get the award for being the the most ass-kicking forum admins in the interwebs. I made that post, viewed it and realized I could have handled the format better, and before I had time to fix it, you did...it was like 5 minutes! Thanks!

I try to teach these guys about forums now and then but I'm always too busy starting the new site that should already be finished... Oh well what can I say I'm lazy.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020T using Tapatalk

Balance is a never ending issue; too many people turtle and hang back instead of attacking. Teamwork will always unbalance servers because too few play 1) together and 2) to win. It is something we try to be cognizant of, but in the end playing styles too often lead to wildly unfair rounds.

Back