Taking demo's on TBG WaW server

AZHeadshot

Hope you fellas dont mind me doing this, as some of our regular players have asked how to do it. When you see a suspected violator- aimbot, wallhack,whatever, goto your tilde key (`) and press it. This will open your console box. Next type in /record. You must make sure you put the forward slash in first or it will not work. Next you can name the demo whatever you want. Example: /recordCapAzzkicker. Then press the tilde key again to close the drop down box. After you are finished recording, press tilde `, then type in /stoprecord.

This will end the demo and now its time you find it. On Windows 7 you can goto your folder from the start menu. In my case the folder is in the "Jones" file. After you open your folder, goto Appdata folder and open it. Next goto the "Local" folder and do the same. Goto the Activision file and do the same. Next is opening the "CoDWaW" file, after you open that, next is the players folder. The last file you will open is the "demos" folder.

I know this could be somewhat confussing to some, once you take several demo's you will get it down. There may be a different way to goto the demo folder, however i do not know how to do it. Also if you want to watch a demo you recorded, first start your game. Then when you are on the main screen, press the tilde key, when the console opens type in /demo. Once you type in demo, the game will give you a choice of demo's to watch. Select a demo by typing it in. Like this: /demo demoCapAzzkicker. After you type it in and press enter it will seem like your game is starting, and the demo will begin to play. If i have forgotten anything someone please help me so we can get the info out to all the players. Thanks and see you on the field!!!

One last thing, if you are recording a certain player, if that player dies, you will have to press your mouse button to find them again. This may take some time to do as some of the demo's i have recorded go through several players in order to find the right one again. Thanks

AZHeadshot

Last edited:
sweet thanks for taking the time to write this. I made it a sticky in call of duty forum

thanks AZHeadshot. demos are always very helpful only takes a min or 2 for us to check them rather than 30mins to an hour or 2 to do a background check.

Hope you fellas dont mind me doing this, as some of our regular players have asked how to do it. When you see a suspected violator- aimbot, wallhack,whatever, goto your tilde key (`) and press it. This will open your console box. Next type in /record. You must make sure you put the forward slash in first or it will not work. Next you can name the demo whatever you want. Example: /recordCapAzzkicker. Then press the tilde key again to close the drop down box. After you are finished recording, press tilde `, then type in /stoprecord.

This will end the demo and now its time you find it. On Windows 7 you can goto your folder from the start menu. In my case the folder is in the "Jones" file. After you open your folder, goto Appdata folder and open it. Next goto the "Local" folder and do the same. Goto the Activision file and do the same. Next is opening the "CoDWaW" file, after you open that, next is the players folder. The last file you will open is the "demos" folder.

I know this could be somewhat confussing to some, once you take several demo's you will get it down. There may be a different way to goto the demo folder, however i do not know how to do it. Also if you want to watch a demo you recorded, first start your game. Then when you are on the main screen, press the tilde key, when the console opens type in /demo. Once you type in demo, the game will give you a choice of demo's to watch. Select a demo by typing it in. Like this: /demo demoCapAzzkicker. After you type it in and press enter it will seem like your game is starting, and the demo will begin to play. If i have forgotten anything someone please help me so we can get the info out to all the players. Thanks and see you on the field!!!

One last thing, if you are recording a certain player, if that player dies, you will have to press your mouse button to find them again. This may take some time to do as some of the demo's i have recorded go through several players in order to find the right one again. Thanks

AZHeadshot

Hmmm...can't help but notice you used my name. What a peckerhead.

Fritoz, Fast not a problem. Just trying to help out some of the other players so that way a couple of us just wont be the ones catching hackers/cheaters. If more can learn the process, then maybe we can be more productive in catching them. I always love to catch me a hacker. The more arrogant they are, the more they dont care if you watch them. And since they usually come on when no TBG is on, i feel its up to us to try to help keep the server clean and fun.

AzzKicker you tubin son of a bitch!

Oh wait, isn't it AZheadshot that tubes?

NO, IT'S BOTH YOU CRAZY ASSHOLES!!!!!

Miss you guys, need to catch up soon. :p

You gotta quit tearing up your system, downloading that stuff. Besides, you'll go blind and you'll grow hair on your palms.

EDIT: Sorry Corky, had you mixed up with someone else. :) Where you been?

Back