Street Legal Bumper Cars Prove World Is A Beautiful Place

ErikStenger

Yes, you read that right, these little beasties are street legal. They run on either Kawasaki or Honda motorcycle engines and co-opt vintage bumper car bodies into the most awesome form of mini-car we've seen in too long. There's seven of these little monsters floating around California, and they're all the creation of one man, Tom Wright, a builder in the outskirts of San Diego who figured the leftovers of the Long Beach Pike amusement park needed a more dignified end than the trash heap. They were originally powered by Harley motors but they rattled like hell and Tom replace them with Honda or Kawasaki 750's and a couple have been measured as capable of 160 MPH, which is terrifyingly fast in machines with such a short wheelbase. Doesn't mean we would totally rock one should the opportunity present itself.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=346257

i would be to tempted to bump into them if i see em. can you imagine doing 160mph in one of those. one twitch in your wrist and your gonna be flipping down the road.

Here is a few ideas I had for other vanity plates for these cars.
IMADUSH LAMEASS DUMIDEA FAGMSTR

Holy shit, I see my next project. Screw arcades and motorcycles, I am going to build one of these bad boys.

Is there like a forum or website that has information on building these things?

Hey Space... Make sure you get one of those goofy looking Shriners Fez/Tarba hat thingies too when you take it out. 027

LOL, I hear ya. Wife and I have been talking about paint and plates for them. I'd like to do a zz top style car.

Back