[StarCitizen] Star Citizen Multi Crew Demo - PC

Not bad eh? Cannot wait until arena commander 2.0 is out with multi-crewed vessels.

Yeah. Sadly, there are more out there with mindset of games taking 2 years to develop rather than 5 - 6 years. Just waiting for the trolls to come.

It's the new age club, a result of the push for more games in a year. I remember when BF2/BF2142 lasted a good 3-4 years before they even considered making another game.

I hope they have an option in the game to turn that head bobbing off.

The HOTAS they showed made me jizz my pants.

EDIT: Attached picture.

cpqfPMJ.png

Last edited:
I hope they have an option in the game to turn that head bobbing off.

I've heard, secondhand, that they are working on vision compensation (like what people use in real life), and that that's one of the blockers preventing the release currently. But yeah, right now I could see lots of people puking playing this.

The difficult part, is that there isn't two separate models for 1st and 3rd person. It's one single player model. And the camera is actually locked to your player's irises. I was thinking that maybe they could make it so it unlocks the camera from the irises every time there is an animation, but I could also see that exploited by glitchers.

Looks good so far but I'm highly annoyed by having sound in a vacuum....seriously?

This looks pretty cool, I did not even know anything about this game.

This looks pretty cool, I did not even know anything about this game.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/about-the-game/spaceflight

Here's the main link. Would explain it in TS but every time I mention it, certain folks would take up arms and cause a ruckus. Honestly, I recommend seeing some of the material on the site as well as read up on what's taken place. You can pledge at the very least 45 dollars for a basic ship and pass (the price of the game itself when released) and everything being build or generated will be available in game. It not, some folks have waited until the game comes out to reserve judgement. Price will still be the same.

Thought I would add an additional item like the Social Module Demo:

Gamescom Social Module Demo: Press Version

and the live version:

Gamescom Social Module Demo: LIVE Version

Cool thing I liked about it is the augmented reality setup where you can go into a store like the gun shop, look at the item on display and all the stats come up, rather than going thru a menu system. Huge leap forward in the graphics department. Can't wait until they start linking the modules together with the hangar bay, arena commander, and the persistent universe module. According to Roberts, they are looking at a basic release sometime this month.

I have to say, these guys at CIG are definitely puting their heart and soul into this game.

This is a stretch, but I'd love to have my standard non-fancy HOTAS setup AND my iPad/tab linked to the system to control shields, guns, etc. Reason? I have a hard enough time remembering ALL the key bindings as there is a ton and they keyboards aren't as large as they were back in the C64 days where you could actually put a paper overlay ontop of it (I'm not that old, but I grew up with one).

This is a stretch, but I'd love to have my standard non-fancy HOTAS setup AND my iPad/tab linked to the system to control shields, guns, etc. Reason? I have a hard enough time remembering ALL the key bindings as there is a ton and they keyboards aren't as large as they were back in the C64 days where you could actually put a paper overlay ontop of it (I'm not that old, but I grew up with one).

There has been. Some success with using voice attack for the ships subsystems. Does take a bit to configure but I've seen some videos of pilots being able to successfully engage targets while managing their ship.

Last I checked, there was some movement on getting a voice command tailored to SC, but I am not sure if that is more of a community focus or on the back burner.

Yeah, my buddy uses Voice Attack which is all of $8.00 to purchase and works quite well. I would still prefer something visual and I believe that using a touchscreen such as an iPad/tab would fit well in the SC universe. Someone will probably come up with something, or not, as OR will have quite a bit of support for SC.

I hear ya. I'm a tactile person (I.E. I like physical buttons vs touch screen. Retro I know) but I can definitely see where your coming from. Would be nice to see then do that along with maybe an app to help with mission finding or the markets.

Back