Star Citizen 2.6 update released to all backers!

Looks like they've been busy with getting things ported over to the new game engine.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-citizen-switches-game-engines-four-years-into/1100-6446503/

I don't blame them since CryTek is not doing well and, while the engine is amazing at what it can accomplish, it's abysmal when it comes to the multiplayer aspect. Making the switch over to Lumberyard seems like the better thing to do, especially with the cloud services Amazon provides. Seems a bit buggy when doing the persistent universe (very low frame rate and some buggy positioning when it comes to accessing the ships systems) but it's coming together. I'll try to see if I can get some FPS action in over the weekend.

I'm really waiting for the shitstorm to proceed on some of the game sites and reddit regarding the game engine switch. As long as they don't port out to another one I think they should be on track with more releases.

Looks like they've been busy with getting things ported over to the new game engine.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-citizen-switches-game-engines-four-years-into/1100-6446503/

I don't blame them since CryTek is not doing well and, while the engine is amazing at what it can accomplish, it's abysmal when it comes to the multiplayer aspect. Making the switch over to Lumberyard seems like the better thing to do, especially with the cloud services Amazon provides. Seems a bit buggy when doing the persistent universe (very low frame rate and some buggy positioning when it comes to accessing the ships systems) but it's coming together. I'll try to see if I can get some FPS action in over the weekend.

I'm really waiting for the shitstorm to proceed on some of the game sites and reddit regarding the game engine switch. As long as they don't port out to another one I think they should be on track with more releases.

According to them, Lumberyard is so similar to the CryEngine that they aren't having much of a problem switching at all - and they had changed the previous engine so much that little actually remained. This is definitely a good change in my opinion. One of the worst things about the original Titanfall was how buggy it was with poor performance, most likely due to how much they had to butcher up the source engine during development.

Yea lumberyard is just a rebrand of the same engine really with Mac and Linux support on top (where Crytek wasn't going). Good move for future stability imo :)

I take it lumberyard is a brand new engine for StarCitizen? do other games use it?

Man I had trouble getting started in that game, I was soo lost.

Edit: Well I still am :(

can we meet up and play together yet? been out of touch too long.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

In the midst of recovering my account, I added two step verification and lost the damn back up code. The questions they ask are pretty good though, I'm glad they aren't lax about it and just hand someone my account. Should be up and running tomorrow.

Back