Squad Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deez Salte Nutzz

User name: Always confused by this. Steam name is Bailey Merlin, forum name is Deez Salte Nutzz

What is your in game ALIAS(es) Bailey Merlin(Current), Deez Salte Nutzz(months ago)

Which game is it? Squad

Your Steam ID: (if applicable) https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198216049780/

Server name that you were banned on TBG Total Warzone - Chicago

Approximate Date/Time that you were banned Feb 13 2019 at 11:20 AM

Admin that banned you (If you remember) TBG SilverMoon

If possible, the reason that you might have got banned for. Apparently breaking seeding rules. 30 Day Ban

Any additional comments you would like to add? Quite a story here.
SilverMoon is an admin on Squad, and I have been playing on the TBG Total Warzone - Chicago server for a long time now, over a year. Never really was an issue till recently, i've been moved to night shift at my work, and now I get online at times when the server is either completely dead or just starting to seed. I have now been doing this for almost a week. I have come to realize that Squad admin TBG SilverMoon does not enjoy being fair. The past few days, I have learned about what seeding is, and all the new rules that come with it.
Here is what I know:
Seeding is when teams are less than 20v20, and your trying to get more players online
During seeding, you cannot use armed vehicles
During seeding, no camping or digging enemy FOB or radio.
Pretty sure your still allowed to cap all objectives?

Anyway, besides that, I have notice that silvermoon here is always on during seeding times, to ensure the rules "are met" during seeding.
The past few days, he has been nicely informing us about the rules of seeding during the times. Doing my due diligence, I ensure my entire squad follows the rules too, as I am always a Squad Leader. but TODAY. Whew, today. Today, when it was about 5v5 for teams, silvermoon decided to build a FOB(respawn shelter) right smack in the middle of the active capture point. Ok, not sure why an admin would do that knowing we cant really play fair now, but sure. I go with it. While my team is attempting to capture the objective, we ensure we stay as far away as possible from the FOB and radio. SilverMoon, gets all mad that we shot someone within 50 meters of FOB (likely was him) and starts complaining we cant camp FOB. So I told my entire squad, stay away from the FOB, just hide in the corners of the capture zone, and dont shoot unless they shoot you first. We go for 2 minutes, then a guy on my squad shot an enemy. SilverMoon again says dont camp FOB. My squad mate types in chat, and says its not fair to put their FOB down right on the capture zone and complain when it gets pressured. SilverMoon decides to ban him for 30 days for (Breaking seeding rules). Alright, whatever. We finish capping the objective, and move to the next. Within a short amount of time, the enemy managed to reclaim their flag, and the server jumped to 18v18. At this point, all hell breaks lose. An entire squad on silvermoon's team camps our FOB, throwing frag grenades in, shooting LAT rockets into it, having riflemen shooting us as we exit it, and I typed in chat: Silver, what happened to seeding rules? Youve got guys camping us. He does nothing. 2 minutes later, while we are still getting camped, and the team is still 18v18, I shot a guy digging our radio(Right beside the FOB). So again in chat, I said silver, get your guys off our FOB, they are digging it. He finally makes a server broadcast saying Follow seeding rules. I said in chat, so you ban my guy for TRYING not to break them, but your guys can intentionally do it with no consequences? He said nothing. Finally, the round ends. At the beginning of next round, I joined a squad, picked HAT class, and got in the logistics truck the Squad Leader told me to get in. I was then banned for "breaking seeding rules" Which I did not, as I was DEFENDING MY FOB for the rest of that game. Here are 3 screenshots, two of an enemy digging our radio while seeding was still in effect, and one of my ban message.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....402/D62AD55058D05153C5206B9B84964BBCF230BA37/
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....942/52638E77098B624DBFF60482555E39D26B4DB4B0/
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....082/A88A4BC740507961C1B68D5CFD0DC360EF496A52/

Thanks for taking the time to read this, as this.

FYI: Causing trouble during your ban appeal may extend your ban to all our servers. You've been warned.
And again deliberate slurs will NEVER BE LIFTED including any attempt to troll or test the filter. We dont care or why. Our house our rules! The rules and punishment in the server are very clear. Only false positives or legit context will be lifted.
Yes

(Edited to add Steam ID)
(Edited again cause screenshot links are invalid, I attached them.)

Attachments

• 20190213105752_1.jpg
    20190213105752_1.jpg
    423.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 20190213105755_1.jpg
    20190213105755_1.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 20190213111616_1.jpg
    20190213111616_1.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Hi salteez, we have played together quite a lot. Now it's not my place to comment on your ban or pass judgement that's up to a senior admin. I do want you to know that you may only capture the first flags up to halfway, and the middle flag or flags are to be fought over. A fob my be placed in a point that is not capturable during seeding.
Please be patient as a senior admin will respond when they are available.

So after going over this I feel like a 30 day ban was a bit much. With seeding the intention is to get players into the fight, on maps like Sumari or Talil skirmish you are permitted to put a FOB on your defensive cap. However even if the enemy doesn't have a FOB on their defensive point you still cannot cap that point until seeding is over.
I understand there was maybe some mixed messages and not understanding what exactly seeding rules are but in the future it's best to just avoid taking their point until the game is live.
You're un-banned, in the future if you have any questions let one of us know before hand if you're unsure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back