SITREP: On the bench

modeling has become a peace of mind more than a hobby to me these days.....if that makes any sense.

quick update: situation still the same. Looking at another 4-6 weeksbefore I have software/hardware to be operational. @Soulzz will be dropping some fundage to TBG end of October.

I think you are enjoying this time off to get back some sex session and BJ's missed in the past... ;)
whaaat? am I missing something? are you getting my BJs? I mean I am married and in my 30s, I get sex once or twice a month...im in good shape.

Id much rather have a desktop sucking dust than taking turns with the PS4 with my kid......My wife's laptop is more set up for business than gaming sooo.

Let me refresh your memory: "God knows how many BJs/sex sessions i missed out on due to TBG gaming or meetings willingly." - Snakebabies

Keep shooting excuses, I know the truth ;)

So, been doing some browsing working on a components list. Pretty much have everything scoped out, EXCEPT for a case....but it is a tough choice, have 2 scoped out with about a 200 USD price difference, very minute differences with Watercooling rad support betwixt the two. I will tell you the 900d is one of the two I have my eyes on.

My parts list is roughly about 600 over my current budget(damn custom loops get pricey quick), so TUrkey day dream is not going to happen. Not going to rush MY build...However, I will be operational within TBG again soon, as my stepson wants a Desktop for his birthday, so I will have him up and running as soon as components come in.

Once I decide whether I want to pay 300+ for a case or 160, I will post updates/pics as I can slide hardware into my budget.

Anyone familiar with shrouding and heatshrinking cables? Is it cheaper to do yourself or buy prefab? (I understand it is a time consuming process..that is not an issue to dissuade me from DIY)

Last edited:
WhaTEVER YOU LIKE is best...sorry for the caps i'm typing with my off hand

Back