Sins of a solar empire

Norfei

Hey guys! I noticed how we have a channel for that game in Discord. Anyone would be interested in playing it sometimes or maybe doing a small event if we have enough people? :)

I'm sure a few of us may play it every now and then. I personally don't.

Ahh I thought there would be a good number since there's a channel for it :eek:

This is an excellent game... it reminded me of an old school game called Master of Orion 1 and 2 for any "old timers"... but no... not played anymore by me...

Ahh I thought there would be a good number since there's a channel for it :eek:

It was made i think just before we switched to discord. I played it quite a bit when it came out and then maybe once recently. Even the most recent DLC is now several years old.

Definitely a brilliant game. How I found out about it is funny. I sat down with a friend to discuss my ideas for an RTS. I laid out all of my grips with space based RTS games. Then hashed out solutions. Then we talked to some other people about our ideas. They said "You mean like Sins of a Solar Empire". I bought it and instantly knew what they meant. The gravity wells were the perfect solution to a problem I couldn't solve. How do you have system to system travel but maintain real time balance? Where do we limit travel? It's not what I imagined for my own ideas but they definitely went out and did what the Genre needed to see.

I know! The culture spread is pretty interesting and well implemented too. The fights are nice (gotta love fighter and bomber swarms, they're nice to watch) but after playing Stellaris and Endless Space, i'd love to see a new version of the game with a more cinematic style. Like, formations and battle plans. Mega blob fights are nice but the way fights play off, it looks like there are no commander ships really and it's just 2 forces hitting each other in a fist fight. But yeah, except for that, the game, the research tree, the pace, the way you build inside your gravity well. Concepts are implemented in a brilliant way. If you ever wanna play, i'd join happily :) 1v1, 2v2 or coop against cpu!

Back