should i buy it.

semtex

can some 1 tell me a bit more about arma 3 should I buy it or not the games looks good.
Thanks martyn

What soulz is referring to is BF3/4 is very fast paced.

BF3/4 1% planning- 99% execution time.

Arma 2/3 takes 99% planning and 1% execution time.

And it really does take teamwork, lots of teamwork to win a battle in Arma.

wish I had more time to play more one game. Cause I would really love to play Arma.

if you have BF2 installed still, check out PROJECT REALITY...it is a mod, but if you like that, Arma is better graphics and a little more up to standards with todays gaming.

If you check out PR and you like it(its free), you can make a decision to buy Arma 3 or not=D

Don't buy it and expect it to be fun. As Soulzz said, it's a simulator - which apparently is the sole justification for the "game" not to be fun or exciting in any way. I guess if the creators of the game were looking to recreate the psychological misery and despair of armed conflict, they hit their mark. You can enjoy lots and lots of walking and listening to your character hyperventilating until you eventually reach the anti-climax of getting shot at by shit so far away you can't see even on a decent 24" monitor. Couple this with the overly complicated controls and poor UI and you can rest assured your experience will be miserable..just like the real thing! =) I received this game as a free gift from an extremely kind TBG member and, even at the cost of nada, I have been unable to get interested in it.

Just my $0.02

Edit: I will say I have only 1 hour of play time, and I'm pretty awful at the game so that doesn't help. If you are more interested in strategy, this game could be a lot of fun. Even for all it's negatives I will still try it again once it's at final release.

Don't buy it and expect it to be fun. As Soulzz said, it's a simulator - which apparently is the sole justification for the "game" not to be fun or exciting in any way. I guess if the creators of the game were looking to recreate the psychological misery and despair of armed conflict, they hit their mark. You can enjoy lots and lots of walking and listening to your character hyperventilating until you eventually reach the anti-climax of getting shot at by shit so far away you can't see even on a decent 24" monitor. Couple this with the overly complicated controls and poor UI and you can rest assured your experience will be miserable..just like the real thing! =) I received this game as a free gift from an extremely kind TBG member and, even at the cost of nada, I have been unable to get interested in it.

Just my $0.02

Edit: I will say I have only 1 hour of play time, and I'm pretty awful at the game so that doesn't help. If you are more interested in strategy, this game could be a lot of fun. Even for all it's negatives I will still try it again once it's at final release.

The UI is a little over complicated, yes...

Will you die lots if you apply the BF3 style of play? Yes.

Is the game hard to become good at? Yes.

I find that the enjoyment I get from playing ARMA3 comes from the challenge. It is a game that keeps gamers honest. You can't spam nades to collect kills, you can't spam with a 203. The way I got into the game was to play with people that knew the game inside and out, and could teach you how to play the game. I did not understand and even like the game (ARMA2) the first time I tried it (I purchased it and just went into a pub server). Then I had a friend suggest I give it another go and play it with his clan in Coop with some actual training in the game. It was a completely different and enjoyable experience.

I challenge you to give it some time, and hop into a game next time you see myself, grape, soulz, anton or Qballer online.

Lol, well that's creepy.

Sent from my SGH-T899M using Tapatalk

Now remember this comes from someone who gave it about 60 min before they gave up on it ..

Just my $0.02

As a person who spent about 30 minutes in Arma 2, I agree with cookies xD .

The "simulator" analogy is relevant in that if you invest a good amount of time, you might actually start to enjoy it. I didn't. Probably the polar opposite of COD, with BF being somewhere in the middle.

Also, as with most simulators, it is played in real time... read: slowly. No time compression = expect to actually drive or run for quite a lot of the game to get to places. From what I remember anyway.

I'm not sure I can help you decide here. I picked up a demo (can't remember if it was Arma 2 or 3) and I didn't particularly like it. Of course, I didn't spend much time with it, like the guys said you need to, but I found it annoying to walk for like 20 minutes then get killed be an AI lol. I suspect it really is a game you have to put a lot of time into, like they say. So, if you've got the time, get it. And you could always get a demo first. (not sure of there is an ARMA 3, but I know there was an ARMA 2 demo)

Relevant reddit post today = lol :

DCfEq3K.png

Back