Shit show last night

sixer9682

I fired up my computer last night and my fucking headset is fucked. No sound in the right side, no mic either. While I'm fucking around with that the D5 water pump starts making this buzzsaw sound which was really loud. I kept an eye on the temps and they didn't change, 38C for cpu and 32C for the gpu while gaming, but that sound is usually a good indicator the pump is on its way out the door.

I ordered a new set of headphones and am picking up a cheapo set of logitech at Best Buy on the way home tonight until then. I'm tempted to order a new D5 but I'm also pissed and am willing to let it burn itself out.

Odd. Do self-installed pumps like Corsair or Kraken work better? Obviously not nearly as fancy, but wouldn't that do the job? I have one myself.

Odd. Do self-installed pumps like Corsair or Kraken work better? Obviously not nearly as fancy, but wouldn't that do the job? I have one myself.
This is a self installed pump and no they don't work better for my rig, those pumps are much weaker and are AIOs mine is a custom loop where the pump is s separate entity.

So what you are saying sixer9683 is that Your PUMP is better than Soulzz pump
Intresting
And, not to brag TOO much, but mine's bigger. Oh, and it also pushes sfuff out a lot faster. That matters when you're trying to hit the bedpost from the foot of the bed.

Well, the pump died completely today and the new one won't be here until Wednesday.. I'll see you guys in game after the new one's installed.

Sorry to here about your pump.

This gives me chills about my D5 going Installed Nov.2015 . did it ever run partially dry while priming the system filling or anything ?

Sorry to here about your pump.

This gives me chills about my D5 going Installed Nov.2015 . did it ever run partially dry while priming the system filling or anything ?
Nope, not even close. It's an Alphacool and I won't be using them again. The last one I had was a Swiftech and it died after about 5 years...I'll stick with them. I've got no use for major parts that are unreliable.

I've heard the same about swiftech. Awesome.

I took the pump off of the pump top and it looks like the impeller bearing shattered leaving a shit ton of shavings in the bottom of the pump. And of course, nobody sells the impellers only because that would make sense so I'm glad I got a new pump.

Won't be able to install this until Thursday night at the earliest. I've got appointments for my neck Mon-Thu in the am then work till 7 or 8pm and the apartment office closes at 6pm-yay.

Managed to get the pump this morning, I'll see about hooking it up tonight.

First thing that came to mind
th

Back