Shaving is fucking expensive..

Good thing ah took mah foxy doxy!!
I took that shit religously. had a couple guys in my unit (not at shank though, as we werewhored all over that country)..but they went out on a 5 day mission, couple weeks later, caught a c-17 home buddy. Fuck that. Anytime I went anywhere I knew I wasnt going to be back in my hut at night, pack my bottle tight with cotton balls and put it in my bugout bag. Just in case battle buddies forgot their shit.

one shick hydro5 razors last me almost 2 weeks...10-12 days shaving daily(some times a quick dry shave before a random evening formation). But every 2nd or 3rd day in a row i shave, my shit breaks out like the brothas. I prolly could get a shaving profile for it, but if I alternate between razor/electric I am okay.

Fuck I never thought of that...
haha...that is when/and IF our camp had water. Was bad, some days I didnt feel like walking a quarter mile to a shower after a days bustass. Baby wipes FTW!

PS. not to mention our CSMs...i rocked flops /no pt belt to shower...if we were caught in no ptshoes/socks/pt belt/eye pro..it was our ass. fuck that..what good is that shit gunna do if a mortar/rocket hits me while im but ass naked taking a cold shower?

one shick hydro5 razors last me almost 2 weeks...10-12 days shaving daily(some times a quick dry shave before a random evening formation). But every 2nd or 3rd day in a row i shave, my shit breaks out like the brothas. I prolly could get a shaving profile for it, but if I alternate between razor/electric I am okay.

haha...that is when/and IF our camp had water. Was bad, some days I didnt feel like walking a quarter mile to a shower after a days bustass. Baby wipes FTW!

PS. not to mention our CSMs...i rocked flops /no pt belt to shower...if we were caught in no ptshoes/socks/pt belt/eye pro..it was our ass. fuck that..what good is that shit gunna do if a mortar/rocket hits me while im but ass naked taking a cold shower?

Razor burn is due to reusing the same razor too many times, most often. Try the DSC and just use one razor a week and get some good shaving gel/cream. I love the DSC shaving butter, I've never nicked myself using it, don't get razor burns, and it just feels good when I use as well as after I'm done.

haha!! yup! i can't tell you how many times I grabbed a back pack full of waterbottles and jumped behind a t-wall to shave.

im so happy we never have to go back to that place....ever.

Razor burn is due to reusing the same razor too many times, most often.
but when I use a fresh razor 2 or 3 days in a row(no reason it should be wore out by then)?? my facial hair area of my face is sensitive as fuck man.
If I use my razor 3 days in a row...3rd day my shit skin is fucked. I use it twice, then electric I am okay (most times). Im not talking full beard shaving..im talking from babies ass to 5 oclock mini beard the next morning. Ive used i dont know how many post shave liquids and shaving creams/foams.
If my 5oclock is just too thick and and i need to swap out my razors more..i spend too much money. Which is why I am trying to find an alternative=D

but when I use a fresh razor 2 or 3 days in a row(no reason it should be wore out by then)?? my facial hair area of my face is sensitive as fuck man.
If I use my razor 3 days in a row...3rd day my shit skin is fucked. I use it twice, then electric I am okay (most times). Im not talking full beard shaving..im talking from babies ass to 5 oclock mini beard the next morning. Ive used i dont know how many post shave liquids and shaving creams/foams.
If my 5oclock is just too thick and and i need to swap out my razors more..i spend too much money. Which is why I am trying to find an alternative=D
Yeah, I used to notice that with Gillette razors too, but I don't have that problem with the steel blades DSC uses. Give them a try and just see...but I promise you'll like how they shave and how your face feels afterward.

I took a $$$ plunge and went and pimped out my shave kit at art of shaving. It's a serious investment, but the way I look at is that I have to shave. Every. Fucking. Day. And in absolutely hate it, I cannot stand shaving, but AoS really sells some awesome products. The shave cream they sell is super concentrated and lasts me 5-6 months easy. I only recommend using their shaving cream and post shave stuff, their basic brushes and a stand is really the only addition I would purchase. The dollar shave club seems to be the best bang for the buck, but if you need to use more than 2 heads a week it's not really worth it IMO. I have thought about getting a saftey strait razor, but I'm terrified of slicing my facell off with it. I always bleed when I shave, unless I use very specific products

I second the AoS products. Unfortunately, I started losing my hair in my early 20's. By the time I was 25, I had a horseshoe, so I said "fuck it", and went cue ball. I shaved my face and my head daily. I hated getting nicks on my head because they hurt like a mofo, and I just considered it part of the price to pay for being handsome.

I happened to be in an expensive mall in Atlanta, and they had an AoS there. I got one of the travel kits to try out some of the products. What was supposed to last about two weeks wound up lasting a month; and that's shaving everything chest up. Best of all, no nicks or cuts, period. I use(d) a Mach 3, and always dried the blade off after shaving. Their products are expensive, but it's money well spent. If you're considering purchasing anything from them, see if there's a store nearby, and get a travel pack. Ask the associate for a coupon. I usually walked out with a 20% off next purchase coupon.

Here's a suggestion that I have to help keep your razor sharp, and prolong its life. When you finish shaving, pat it dry, and put it in a sealed bag with a desiccant pouch tossed in as well (the little "do not eat" pouches that you get with vitamins, pills, etc.) The desiccant helps slow the oxidation of the razor's edge, thereby prolonging its useful life. I was able to get 2 weeks out of one cartridge consistently using this method, and that's with shaving my face and head.

Since it sounds like you have thick whiskers, get the middle blade option-the blades are spaced wide and it makes for a very comfortable shave. I have thick whiskers and that's what I use with no problems. I used to have problems with ingrown hairs, razor burn, etc. But since I've been using the DSC blades all that went away, which is like a miracle as far as I'm concerned. I use their shave butter just cause it works well and feels good and 1 6oz bottle lasts me 5-6 months shaving 5-6 days a week.

Here's a suggestion that I have to help keep your razor sharp, and prolong its life. When you finish shaving, pat it dry, and put it in a sealed bag with a desiccant pouch tossed in as well (the little "do not eat" pouches that you get with vitamins, pills, etc.) The desiccant helps slow the oxidation of the razor's edge, thereby prolonging its useful life. I was able to get 2 weeks out of one cartridge consistently using this method, and that's with shaving my face and head.
cool. cool!
35a37715ea3b9b8d50da81fc8433c414189a6682d104844c24b8db4307f20b0f.jpg

Since it sounds like you have thick whiskers, get the middle blade option-the blades are spaced wide and it makes for a very comfortable shave. I have thick whiskers and that's what I use with no problems. I used to have problems with ingrown hairs, razor burn, etc. But since I've been using the DSC blades all that went away, which is like a miracle as far as I'm concerned. I use their shave butter just cause it works well and feels good and 1 6oz bottle lasts me 5-6 months shaving 5-6 days a week.

TBH, the last items that I bought from them was in 2011, and that was the teak soap dish with the replaceable soap that you lather up with the brush. I started growing a beard in the latter part of 2011, and that's what I'm rocking now. Fuck shaving :D

BRAUN series 5 electric does the trick for when i feel like shaving. the little cleaning thing is kinda cool too

Like Colonel up there, I too shave my head and face twice daily. Once with the grain for my face and cross grain on my head, and then against the grain for both. For my head, I use the Schick Hydro. For my face, I use a DE Merkur. Love both for what they do. Too afraid of cutting my head to use the DE on it.

As for dollar shave club. Read this before you get involved.

http://lifehacker.com/5903771/forge...-high-quality-razors-for-a-third-of-the-price

one of the things I like the best about the Shick Hydro is the trimmer you can use if you flip the head. makes it easier to get a straight even edge on my sideburns :/

Like Colonel up there, I too shave my head and face twice daily. Once with the grain for my face and cross grain on my head, and then against the grain for both. For my head, I use the Schick Hydro. For my face, I use a DE Merkur. Love both for what they do. Too afraid of cutting my head to use the DE on it.

As for dollar shave club. Read this before you get involved.

http://lifehacker.com/5903771/forge...-high-quality-razors-for-a-third-of-the-price

They make a point though, Dollar Shave club is trying to offer a value that transends just pure price. Is it a decent price, yes. Is it the best if you are willing to buy bulk? No. But they provide a simple, attractive and affordable service. For about 5 bucks a month my wife and I both use their blades. I use their blades for my head, and a Merkur for my face as well. I really like the Dollar Shave club shave butter you can buy also. Its all about the combination of price, simplicity, etc.

As a side-note, I swear the cocksucker at 0:41 and 0:59 in this commercial was already shaved

I like this post since I learn what others are using.

I use Fusion myself, not the ProGlide or the Power one that vibrates...WTF 5 blades is enough, why does it need to vibrate too? I just use the regular one and I didn't buy it when it first came out & was crazy expensive.

Like @colonelk0rn I know how important it is to keep the blades dry to prolong the life. I've been using the same razor cartridge for at least 3 months. I only shave below and above my shaped-beard. The gel strip is gone but I use shaving gel (Edge Advanced for sensitive skin) so it doesn't matter.

The blades always outlast the gel strip since I shake the biatch one way, turn it over and shake it some more, turn it over again and shake it...repeating until I don't feel any water droplets fall on my other hand/arm while shaking it. The only reason I got rid of my last cartridge was because the corner grooves where the gel strip used to be in...they would pull on my beard occasionally, but the blades were still good. Gillette recommends for people to replace them when the gel strip is gone but if I did that...I'd be busting out $ way too often.

Back