Shattered Horizon

I just started my download via steam...bitches!

Edit-done downloading now I just have to wait for it to be released on the 4th.

Fuck it, I'm going to purchase it. 17.99 - Why the hell not? LULZ!

Looks like I'll be shooting your balls from below in stealth mode with burst mode on, lulz.

As far as the game not being in Steam's "top sales" list - I wouldn't be overly worried. All the titles on there are really popular/high budget titles, and there have been a LOT of good game releases in the past 2 weeks... so yeah.

BTW the hardware survey for October is out:
http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

Windows 7 FTL lol... at least most of the people who actually made the switch are running 64-bit, so hopefully this trend will continue.

50% still on XP 32-bit. I assume it will take years before everyone slowly switches over to 7 completely.

Update: LAAAAAME, they give you an "audio simulation module" apparently, which makes the game sounds like any other FPS... gunshots and all. I was really hoping it would actually be kinda realistic and very silent, but no... at least the audio seems alright.

Other than that, it's pretty much all that I expected:

BTW Soulzz, you should see the official involvement in the Nation Red and Shattered Horizon forums on Steam, heck - even Borderland receives official "moderator" replies quite often. See here for example: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1009673 . Granted, these are smaller game studios which react faster than bloated arrangements such as Dice with big brother EA looking over its shoulder. However, imo it's no excuse for Baza dropping in once a month to say they're working on localization for the 1.51 patch... I firmly believe this close day-to-day interaction with the community is the future of game development.

<object width=&quot;853&quot; height=&quot;505&quot;><param name=&quot;movie&quot; value=&quot;http://www.youtube.com/v/Dd-2dZMDAGw&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1&quot;></param><param name=&quot;allowFullScreen&quot; value=&quot;true&quot;></param><param name=&quot;allowscriptaccess&quot; value=&quot;always&quot;></param><embed src=&quot;http://www.youtube.com/v/Dd-2dZMDAGw&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1&quot; type=&quot;application/x-shockwave-flash&quot; allowscriptaccess=&quot;always&quot; allowfullscreen=&quot;true&quot; width=&quot;853&quot; height=&quot;505&quot;></embed></object>

Gunshots sounds in space? Lame But, the game looks like a lot of fun. Fuck XP I stopped using that shit shortly after I tried Win7 and wouldn't even think of going back. If people are stuck on it, let them rot with it; it's ancient history at this point.

shit dude that gameplay trailers looks Sick!
just finished preloading it
are you sure that the october steam hardware survery is the data from october and not the data from september? October could mean that it came out in october, idk

Heat, your overly critical on everything :(.

played for a couple hours with heatsurge earlier
pretty darn fun imo
bit of a learning curve considering the zero grav, still getting used to it but it's fairly simple

It's good, but the requirements are quite steep indeed.

Makes me wish I had a 5870 + an i7 920...

Other than that, I've played like 6 hours already and I feel like I'm just starting to get the hang of it kind of.

The zero gravity is definitely a change. Totally didn't expect it to be this much fun. Good buy for 20 bucks.

Amazon hated it lulz.

I still think it's awesome and will probably keep playing it.

good game but sadly last night when i was playing i was really drunk and the zero gravity just made me really dizzy. ill try to be around tonight or saturday night.

I've never had an inkling of motion sickness from any game that I've ever played, including this one.

Kind of makes me feel sorry I didn't decide to be a pilot/paratrooper or something in which this could've been useful... lulz.

i dont normally get motion sickness. but after about 6 hours of drinking, 9 beers and 10 shots later its tough to not get motion sickness from games.

Does it count as thread necro'ing if it's over a week old, but I just got here? :D

I'd been looking at this game on steam though... I guess it's decent?

Honestly, I played it for 20 hours or so and I'm a bit bored with it.

I'll definitely be coming back to it once in a while though, especially after the VOIP patch which is coming soon. If somebody plays, hit me up on vent if I'm not AFK and I'll jump on for sure.

Back