Shameless Self Promotion

shockwave

In an effort to help improve my chances of being accepted as a -|TBG|- member, I wanted to take a few minute this morning to do a little shameless self promotion, so I hope you guys don't mind.

I know that the members are currently in the process of voting on my membership application and that I need to receive a certain number of votes for my application to be accepted. While I a fairly confident that I will get the thumbs up from those members that I have had the opportunity to interact with during my trial, I am a little concerned about those of you I have not yet had the privilege to meet.

At this point I am not as much concerned about members voting no as I am about them abstaining from the voting process altogether because I haven't had the opportunity to hang out with as many of you guys as I would have liked to during my trial period so you could get to know me.

In all honesty that is my fault because while I have been very active on the server and the forums, I have not spent as much time on Ventrilo as I should have and again that is completely my fault. It's not that I am anti-social or awkward, I just know from my own experiences that when people are in the middle of gaming or trying to have a conversation with someone the last thing they want is some stranger to just pop in and start talking their ear off.

As the guys that were on with me this past Saturday & Sunday evening found out while I am not one to butt in, I can get quite talkative once someone gets me going and again I know that can be quite annoying when you're trying to game.

As it stands right now I only play BF2 and I am also pretty big into flight simulation games such as Microsoft Flight Simulator X & Flight Sim Pro. I do have several other games installed such as 2142 and the Call of Duty series, however while I am not sure why, I was never able to warm up to these enough to want to play them.

I know that -|TBG|- was founded on 2142 and while I never took much interest in playing that game, I have reinstalled it since this latest patch was released and I am thinking about giving it another go but it would be nice since I am not familiar with the inn's & out's of this game if some of you 2142 pros could help me learn on how the game is played as well as some of the tactics, so I don't end up getting schooled and end up looking like a total noob.

One game title I am looking forward to is the release of BF3 which according to EA is slated to be released sometime in the fall of this year but that is a ways off and given EA's past reputation I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see it until the 1st or 2nd quarter of 2012 but regardless that's quite a ways off and I need another game to play so I don't get completely burned out on BF2 and since a lot of the members here seem to play that, it might as well be 2142. :)

I would sincerely appreciate the opportunity to become a -|TBG|- so while it's my fault for not getting to meet more of you during my trial period I would like to ask those of you that might be abstaining from voting to reconsider. If you are abstaining from voting because you have no idea who I am or because I did not get a chance to meet you please send me a PM if you wish to chat and I will be more than happy to jump on Ventrilo and talk with you or answer any questions you might have. I will be on Ventrilo this afternoon between 2PM & 5PM EST and then again around 9PM EST, so if you would like to talk before casting your vote please don't hesitate to give me a shout.

Again, I would appreciate the opportunity to be part of the -|TBG|- gaming community and I wanted to say thanks to the members for taking the time to read this and for considering my membership application. If you want to find out a little more about me you can also check my thread under "Introduce Yourself" here: http://www.tbgclan.com/f23/taste-wave-9676/

In an effort to help improve my chances of being accepted as a =TBG= member...

I know that =TBG= was founded on 2142...

I would sincerely appreciate the opportunity to become a =TBG=...

Again, I would appreciate the opportunity to be part of the =TBG= gaming community...

A word of advice...you can start helping yourself out now by editing this post and at least get the damned tags right.

it's -|TBG|-

Shockwave your a weirdo, lmao.

Look your TBG now congrats!!

Shockwave congratulations. Check your membership status, and yes please display tags properly please.

A word of advice...you can start helping yourself out now by editing this post and at least get the damned tags right.

it's -|TBG|-

Yea, I guess that would be a good start, don't worry I will make sure to display them right in game. DUH! :)

What can I say, I am a noob. :)

expression_default.png

haha i didnt get to vote in time but your avatar won me over hahah

Back