server/site idea

Outlaw

ive seen on some other servers they have it where people who donate like 5-10$ can get a game slot(for a month). i havent seen it on any of the tbg servers on in game chat.. just a thought... it will also help bring in some extra dollars to fund all servers tbg has. and it will also keep some of the regulars happy in our servers that they dont have to play else where because there fav server is full.

just a thought, what do you guys think?

There are 2 main reasons why other groups do such things. 1. Theyre membership is not large enough to raise the funds they want/need. 2. Theyre just starting out or arent a clan. Now I have also seen one group that gives away slots for their top players just as a promotion to get the place populated.

I think the problem is in games other than BF2 we could run into issues with having too many vip's wanting to be on. Even if the system can handle 2 teirs it might still leave people a little sadend they cant get on because its all vip/admins filling up the sqdm server. Thats an extreme situation that definitly would not be a problem with BF2.

I cant say I have any issue with it but it feels a little eh. Without counting and the fact that dark is repaying loans I count 400 off the front page. I havent even paid in yet. I am sure right now with upgrading the vB license paying a graphic designer and a theme coder were burning cash. But on a yearly basis I dont see us having issues with making it between us. I havent heard anyone saying were scraping the barrel either.

I do feel for the regulars and ex members that chill with us and wouldnt mind donating for the love in return. That I think most of us would be cool with.

Back