Server Seeding Rules

Easy

Please forgive me for creating a duplicate thread in a different sub-forum. I posted it in the wrong forum the first time, so I copied it here.

Hello TBG,

I recently played on your server in the morning during a seeding match. There were only 8 active players. My team capped the middle point. I was then instructed by a TBG member not to cap any points, but instead to wait at a different area until the server populated. About 5 minutes later, as we waited in the instructed area, which happened to be exactly where our FOB was, we started taking fire on the FOB from many directions that would indicate that the opposing team was not waiting in any specific area, but was instead roaming the map shooting us. So, the team that instructed us to wait and not attack didn't wait and did attack. At around that time, the enemy team also capped the point we were told not to cap. about 5 minutes after that, the enemy team approached our FOB and attacked it from point blank. My squad had had enough at that point, so we pushed off and capped the center cap point again, and spent the rest of the game holding it. I was admonished for doing that, even though I followed every rule that was instructed to me right until the rule was broken by the rule-issuing team.

I'd like to make a suggestion about your seeding rules. Take it for what it's worth. Your seeding rules are practically unenforceable. You expect players to sit 2 cap points removed from one another, and wait for the server to pop. That's boring. Nobody's going to abide by that, they'll either break the rules and go fight, or just leave. The server didn't pop while I was there during this incident, btw.

I suggest that you allow the players to fight over the middle cap point during seeding. If there are an even number of cap points, allow the players to fight over the middle TWO cap points. Instruct players to put their fobs ONE CAP POINT BACK from the middle cap point(s), so the enemies attacking cap points can do so from every side of the objective without worrying about being on an off-limits FOB. That's how we do it on the 2fjg server, and it seems to work fine. With this method, players have an objective to fight over while waiting for the server to populate. I honestly don't know why you would force players to sit and wait during seeding.

I've played on your server many times. I know it pops. I enjoy playing with you guys. But I won't seed on your server anymore.

Thanks,

[2FJG]Easy

Not sure who that admin was, but the general rule most of us follow is fighting over mid cap or fob up even caps, then fight in the middle or another designated spot. As long as people can spawn on fobs and they're not dug down then it's cool. Once people start pushing into fobs that goes too far. I know it can be boring to seed especially with no fighting but more people leave if a fob is being camped by the other team since it's not "fair" Hard to enforce indeed because people do not like to listen most the time.

I don't know why, but I generally enjoy seeding. The admin was USMC, he clearly stated not to cap points, and to wait one cap point back from the middle cap point.

Anyone with a TBGr is not a admin. The seeding rules are pretty simple, fight over middle cap point and don't dig HABS. We mostly have a great time seeding as we get to build massive fobs and do stupid stuff.

He still wears the tags and has some authority since others don't know. I haven't seeded with him before so not sure how he likes it but I think by this point it's pretty standard.

fight over middle cap seems to be the best method and build mega fobs a point back. this methods been working since early 2016 for us

Back