Server crashing nearly constantly

Turbo

I was on last night and had to manually restart 3 times in an hour and a half. I would like to see if anyone else has screenshots for names of people when it goes down, so we can try to narrow down the names if at all possible. I know given the tools we have been given make it nearly impossible to enforce, but I would like to give it a shot and see if a pattern emerges. If there is a problem I can help solve with this major issue, I would like to at least try.

LMK

Turbo

Take screenshots every round of names until you find similar names.

Are server is attacked the most and I believe it is a disgruntled former member that just can't move on

I noticed it was down last night around 1am. I'll help with screenshots whenever i can at after hours..since i refuse to surrender to the sandman.

I will be monitoring it as well. I have been watching the usages logs to see when crashes are occurring. Hoping to see a pattern. I will be using yesterday and the next 5 days to see what it looks like.

Looks like we have stayed online all day so far. By this point yesterday we had two crashes already. More community involvement the better!

Thanks, Turbo.

There is a 4 hr maint every tues night from 11:00 pm mst to 3 am.

However since there was a patch last night this caused it to be extended to 6 hours.

Exploit that crashes the server should be fixed now.

Last edited:
We can only hope they managed to patch several of them. There can't be just one at the rate they are going.

Sweet. Thanks Cotton. I still have an excel of names and occurrences. Checking out server logs, it happens a lot at evening/night, when the server gets full. It may only be full for 15-45, then crash. Glad to hear things might be normal again. If anything comes up still take screenshots unless its on mandatory restarts and send them my way, I will add the names, or add a +1 for any suspects ;)

It wouldn't hurt to keep a watchful eye in case they have created new ways or some instances were missed in the patch.

I have monitored the usage logs the last few days. Seems the 0.47 update has put an end to the endless server crashes. @killingseed updated the restart schedule to the correct times.

would like to know the person alias that was responsible for the crashes. We all know who we think it was but no proof. Too bad dayz doesnt give you much option to search.

Yeah, we all would like that. I'm just glad they patched out the server crashes. Seems this dark age should be behind us. Until a new update creates new ones.

Yeah, we all would like that. I'm just glad they patched out the server crashes. Seems this dark age should be behind us. Until a new update creates new ones.
FAST, not sure if u know, but in DayZ, you can change your name on the fly. Its really dumb to be honest since I could come in as Turbo, log out and log back in 30 seconds later under "Flyinlowbutnotthatslow" then again as "g". If the person knew we were monitoring names, they would be wise to change them, but send over any logs you have Bungied and I will add them to the list and see if one stands out

Ah ok well that sucks even more.

At this point it seems pointless to do any research because exploit is fixed so nothing really to go on. Apparently dayz has no logs in the alpha. Not sure if they will ever give us access to it

Ah ok well that sucks even more.

At this point it seems pointless to do any research because exploit is fixed so nothing really to go on. Apparently dayz has no logs in the alpha. Not sure if they will ever give us access to it
Correct, we are basically cops, and unless we see someone AND we get a name, or they confess...

There will be tools down the line. It's different trying to manage an alpha server. The time will come when things work better.Until then we can set our rules in place and manage what we can. While it may not be possible to enforce every rule currently that time will come. Enforcing what we can is a start to running our server (for lack of better vernacular) the TBG way.

We all wanted to catch the bastards, but it just wasn't meant to be.

Back