Ryzen review in suggesting gaming performances is...eh

4k gaming is very close with Intel as well... Interesting

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

But 1080p is lower

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/03/amd-ryzen-review/

Tests that can make use of the high core and thread counts do well. But it doesn't seem to effect a lot of games at this point.

I could definitely see the use in a web server :p TBG want to build one? lol
That review and every single on I've seen is shit...literally.

Their supposition is that at higher resolutions it's the GPU that is the bottleneck not the cpu...which was true like a decade ago. Currently, more is put on the cpu at higher resolutions . I just find it odd that every single review I've seen has been at 1080p. If you're going to review then do a review and use higher resolutions as well to give a better picture. Right now, I'm not impressed with the reviews that are out there.

That review and every single on I've seen is shit...literally.

Their supposition is that at higher resolutions it's the GPU that is the bottleneck not the cpu...which was true like a decade ago. Currently, more is put on the cpu at higher resolutions . I just find it odd that every single review I've seen has been at 1080p. If you're going to review then do a review and use higher resolutions as well to give a better picture. Right now, I'm not impressed with the reviews that are out there.

They seem to be using 1080p as a standard in most of the rushed reviews, assuming most gamers don't play at higher resolutions. Hopefully more in depth reviews will show the performance values.

I know Ars Technica and AnandTech will go with more in depth reviews here shortly and follow up with some motherboard recommendations.

What gets me is the one review from PC gamer where the title is pretty much clickbait indicating how underwhelming the processor is for gaming. I haven't seen other reviews indicate that but then again, I don't exactly pay attention to PC Gamer.

assuming most gamers don't play at higher resolutions....is like assuming most guns don't shoot bullets. Really? But yeah, you're right about the PCGamer article which I think is just a damned shame. It is disappointing that first reviews, which are the most important ones in a lot of ways, use what I think is a substandard resolution currently, for any review.

Try PCPer or hard OCP.

Either way, this is a good win for AMD. Maybe not press wise, but long term.

Try PCPer or hard OCP.

PCPer only did 1080 also as did every single other review even from Germany...collusion? Nope doesn't exist. The only review I found at 4k was the least expected site, Kitguru, and tweaktown which did 1440p

xGow4-4k.png.pagespeed.ic.ygdEIVABR7.webp

xGTA-V-4k.png.pagespeed.ic.HInQkel2EJ.webp

xwitcher-3-4k.png.pagespeed.ic.wdlkl2IONk.webp

8072_66_amd-ryzen-7-1800x-cpu-review.png

8072_65_amd-ryzen-7-1800x-cpu-review.png

assuming most gamers don't play at higher resolutions....is like assuming most guns don't shoot bullets. Really? But yeah, you're right about the PCGamer article which I think is just a damned shame. It is disappointing that first reviews, which are the most important ones in a lot of ways, use what I think is a substandard resolution currently, for any review.

Well DX12 and Mantle were supposed to nix all of that. Reducing CPU usage per draw call among other things.

Steam hardware survey which is only a chunk of the market says the majority of the market at 43% is on 1080P. These metrics are looked at by both hardware manufacturers and software vendors.

1440P is probably way bigger than 4K still and a minority for both. I'm going to love when 4K becomes a sub midrange resolution.

I didn't expect it to be a gamer CPU. But it is competitive for other things, plus it's a good foundation to build from. Have a feeling the Vega GPU won't be quite as good too.

Back