Romanian Strike Preventing QA on Bad Company 2 Patch

Soldier4Real

Tuesday, 1 June, 2010 at 12:51 PST | ^Scott^ | Print News
We have another update on the status of the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 PC patch. This time the issue is due to a transportation strike in Romania, which is where EA Europe's QA department is located. Transportation companies are apparently on strike, so they can't get to work.
Hey everyone, yep I'm still around.
Just to let you know the patch is currently sat in QA but due to some kind of striking in Romania we won't get results until tomorrow at the earliest with our server fixes.

Thats what we are waiting on at the minute to figure out where we are and when we can release.

-
Q: Forgive my ignorance, but why are strikes in Romania effecting the release?

Barrie Tingle: If QA in Romania can't get into work they can't test it and if they can't test it we can't be sure everything works and can be released.

Q: you out source your QA to Romania ? are they a generic QA company or specific to game QA @?

BT: EA Europe's QA is based in Romania now.
We do have some onsite QA too but they are mainly dev support while Romanian QA does the full sweep testing we need before we can release anything.

BT: To be clear, it isn't QA themselves striking it is something to do with the transport companies in the area.

Q: Then why the hell are they striking ? They'r salaries are not getting reduced by our awesome president. Lazy noob team

BT: They aren't. It is the transport systems striking not QA. QA aren't in cos they can't get into work.

Q: No QA in the west that can give it a whirl? Looks like the strike was planed ahead of time based on the article.

Why not prepare for this by having another QA studio ready just in case?

BT: Hire a new QA studio for 2 days? Romania is the QA department for EA Europe.

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=162668

I've read this. Hopefully it doesn't take too much longer...

Back