rFactor (Racing Sim) league?!

HeatSurge

Whoever is interested, I now have this driving sim. Soulzz does too and I think a few other people might... so maybe we can start a little racing league at TBG if we get at least 4 people...? What do you guys think?

If anyone interested at all post here.

Right now, I'm thinking of something open wheel (Like F1) on the standard GP circuits from last season. If that's too fast/intense, we could do a Caterham (or similar?) league on smaller circuits or something... just gotta find a good package. I'll take a look tomorrow. It's late(early) now...

Okay Heat, let me get my say here. Im not a racing fan at all. I like drag racing and funny car, but F-1 and NASCAR arent that entertaining. But after playing this game I have to say I has so much fun. I recommend this game for everyone. I think it would be awesome if we could get like 10 TBG members set up to race a few tracks while on vent. It would be a lot of fun. I am willing to race anytime, anywhere.

the more = the better

more overtakes, more soulzz failing on turns = more interesting

Even if it's just 4 people, I'm still interested in racing for sure ;-)

I'm all in for a TBG race squad. That would be sick.

EDIT: I think we should start out with something a little slower than F1 cars.

I'm all for F1 since that's mostly what I've raced on sims - fast open wheeled cars... but I'll get used to anything. Caterham might be the way to go - it's a nice stable car and yet zippy on the straights...

Or we could do something like... Dodge Viper?

I'm downloading it right now. You guys got me all hyped up for this shit lol. How realistic are the cars compared to the real thing?

Its pretty good. Its got like PS3 graphics but its a little buggy to me sometimes. But its a fun game.

Misiek, you'll have to be the judge on that. I will say that pretty much all the adjustments you can make to a racing car, you can do in this game. It's amazing :).

There are HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of skins, tracks, and cars waiting to be tested. I'm sure we can find something we like :).

It's fairly realistic. I mean, if you ever played a driving SIM, you'd know what to expect.

You can adjust just about anything on the car - from the radiator/brake duct openings, to aerodynamics, to angles for tire positioning, to tire pressure, fuel loadout, etc. etc.

The racing model itself is as good as it gets imo. I've never tried iRacing (but with the steep subscription price I'll never do it either) so yeah... Compared to Need for Speed, this is WAY better, as far as realism goes anyway.

Bump.

If we want to do this more seriously than me and Misiek racing haphazardly, Space ace dropping in, and Soulzz crashing his ass around the track and asking us if we use brakes at all (lulz!), we should:

- Decide on a certain CAR (class at least) that we're going to race. I'll check out cars tomorrow (if I can peel myself off killing floor).

- Decide on a season (OW Challenge seems to have a pretty good track selection) - and a specific track each week on which we should all practice/race.

- Decide on a frequency on which we can race (like once a week) and have Soulzz run a dedicated server (or we should practice on our own) and on race day race more seriously on a track that we all know well. Then on track day, no fucking around. Maybe 10 mins warm-up, 20 mins qualifying laps, 5 min warmup, race (GT style, with grid, 20 laps length).

So... I'll look at cars tomorrow and we should make a decision on when to race (maybe Saturday or Sunday?), a weekly time, and which track for next week.

I also need to figure out if/how rFactor stores replays to review after the race... One thing I love about GTR:Evo is that it makes a full race replay of all cars and saves it to disk - so you can rewind back and forth through the whole race and see it from the cockpits of everyone that raced... or other angles if you wish.

Bump.

I've uploaded a car pack, which includes many "GT" racing cars - like the Saleen S7R, two ferraris, Lambo Murcielago, Maserati MC12, etc.

Download it here:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://heatsurge.info/rFactorMods/EOAA GT 1.05.7z

It's a 7-zip archive, so if you or your archiver doesn't understand what to do with it, go to http://7-zip.org and download/install. It unpacks .rar and others, so it should be the only archiver you ever need, unless you have something really exotic. It's also free and open source.

The installation of the cars is simple. Basically, you need to either unpack the archive straight to where you installed rFactor (in the main rFactor\ directory) or somewhere else and move the files over, keeping the directory structure. If you have questions, let me know.

Personally, after checking it out, I think we should do the Saleen S7R.

Let me know what you guys think, and if you're interested in something like this at all, and then maybe we can talk about a track / time for next week so we can all start to practice.

Update: I've also downloaded and tested a Caterham mod. I was initially put off by having to buy the cars in rFactor and shit, BUT I found out how to increase your experience/ingame credits so you can afford everything - it's just a simple edit in a text file.

So, caterham download from here:
http://heatsurge.info/rFactorMods/Caterham 1.5.7z

When you install it and launch the game, go to:
[wherever you installed rFactor]\UserData\[your ingame profile name]

There, you will see .cch files for all series you have installed. They're simple text files, so open the series in question (caterham.cch) in this case, and change "experience" and "money" to something very large (10 million for example).

Start the game, and buy whatever you want for testing...

We could also do the R500. It's really fun to drive.

Do you need hand holding a la Soulzz?

JK I know you don't - lulz.

Let's do a few laps tomorrow. Should be funner with 4 of us ;-)

Split it in 2 parts (~700mb each) for Soulzz please... I'm downloading the torrent.

Back