Review Seinheiser Game One Headset

Well with the help of the info found here and the other TBG guys in TS I have finally pulled the trigger! I was trying to decide between the Game one, Game Zero, and the PC 363D and had thought that I had finally decided to get the Game Zero. But, then I did a more extensive research which lead me to go with the Beyerdynamic mmx300 (earlier mentioned by rottenbull). They don't have a built in amp, but their technology and build quality sold me! As far as an amp, I will be looking into possibly purchasing a DAC if needed. I will give you all a followup once I get them and get a chance to use them. I want to thank everyone in this thread for your input! TBG is an awesome community!
fyi- the mmx300 are very pricey, but the build quality (replacement pads ect) is worth the extra cash!

Last edited:
That looks like a great headset @RAPTOR let us know how you like it. I'm going to attach an interesting YouTube video here. These guys have a lot to say about gaming audio headsets. I don't want to sway anyone's opinion on whether or not to buy a dac or soundcard but watch this video and form your own opinion. I don't have a soundcard and just plug my Game One's directly into the mobo:

On another note! Before I lost most of my hearing, I was a huge audiophile! My first experience with Sono's was a software fail! I own two Play 5's and love them. They are WIFI only (no bluetooh) and I love the fact that I can put these within anywhere in my network and get great sounding jams! They can be used as two separate speakers or with a simple click be a separate left and right channel! Software is now A+++!
fry- very pricey!

Last edited:
PLEASE let me know how that chair is. I want to get it for Christmas.

Well I have had a few days to use my new Beyerdynamic MMX300's , but unfortunatly I have profound hearing loss, so they require me to have a headphone amp to boost the sound levels. I ordered a Sound Blaster E5 dac/amp and it should be here tomorrow. From the frequencies that my ears do pick up, I can tell you that they sound awesome! They are very different from what I heard before, but it wouldn't be fair for me to compare or give a statement as my hearing is not accurate. What I will say is the build quality is awesome! The headsets are hand made in Germany, and use a carbon fiber closed can with velvet ear muffs. These things are so lite that I forget that i'm even wearing them! Some of the other things that I liked is that they come with a 5 year warranty, the mic is not super sensitive that pic's up every key stoke, and they came with an awesome case that you could put your cans, phone, or DAC in..IT'S BIG! The only downfalls is that they should be paired with a good DAC (if you want an out of this world experience, but it's not necessary), they are pricey, and have no in-line controls (no mute or volume).

I had trouble deciding on which DAC..Sound baster E5, Mayflower electronic O2 Odac, or the Schiit (seriously the name is Schiit). They all have a built in sound card and headphone amp, but the E5 had that and some added features...at a better price! If your looking to get a great pair of headsets without paying out the ass, then I have read plenty of good about the Sennheiser Gamer Zero and One's, which have a built in amp. I may still get the Zero's for my son on Christmas! I haven't been in TS because of my lack of hearing, but hopefully the DAC gives me the amplification to hear the players.

Last edited:
I might give the Sennheiser Game Ones a shot. I've tried Headsets before, but always had issues with my ears getting hot or they're just uncomfortable.

if your ears get hot you might want to go with an open back . I can tell you this though, that I can play hours with the mmx 300 and not even realize i'm wearing headsets!

Last edited:
I pulled the trigger. I ordered the Sennheiser G4me Ones in Black. So, you guys should be hearing my sexy voice again shortly. I hope they're as nice as everyone claims. As I've stated before, I've had nothing but bad experiences with headsets. Obviously I'm confident enough that this wont be the case, since I purchased them.

Let's put it this way. I had a pair of sennheiser pc 160's and dropped them over 15 times in a 6 year span.. they are rock solid. Sennheiser rules.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I pulled the trigger. I ordered the Sennheiser G4me Ones in Black. So, you guys should be hearing my sexy voice again shortly. I hope they're as nice as everyone claims. As I've stated before, I've had nothing but bad experiences with headsets. Obviously I'm confident enough that this wont be the case, since I purchased them.
You'll like these. I just got the same set and they are light, very comfortable, and still sound amazing. I don't notice I have them on at all; no squashing my ears-they have large ear cups, and they don't squeeze your head. The sound dial on the ear cup is really cool too.

Well I just got them in. Even though I've only played a partial game with them, all I can say is WOW.... Everything sounds so fucking amazing. I've used a handful of other headsets and various speaker setups, some pretty high quality ones and I've never heard quality like this. Completely changes the game for me. The comfort is like sex for my ears. I honestly can't even tell they're on my head. It was well worth the $$$. I'm hooked now.

I have the Sennheiser PC363D which Windows identifies as G4ME ONE, and I love them. My first open-ear headset and I can't say anything bad about them.

Made the switch from Logitech G930's and I like these a bit more. Better high's/poisitional audio from these I believe. Better audio from the Logitech's.

Back