Reporting a player

Status
Not open for further replies.

teebagging_u

User Name teebagging_u

Please fill out as much information as possible.

What is the game server name?** Firestorm

Which Game is this for?** Battlefield 4

Date/time:** April 12 around 2:00 PM

Would be helpful to indicate the time. 2:00PM

Player's name** Puget_ace

Offense committed: Racism

Steam ID:

Evidence can be anything from Circumstantial stuff like screenshots, links to stat pages etc. or hard evidence like Videos.

Evidence: He kept telling me to go back to Saskatoon or Regina because I am Canadian. To me, its the same as saying " Go back to Africa" to a black person. I found it racist.

Comments If being insulted for being Canadian is not racist, then if I said go back to Mexico to Mex_Cuz_I_can, would that be racist?

I would never say that by the way.

Thank you

I'm Canadian and I don't find this offensive he can tell me that all day long.

Being Canadian is not race being Mexican is not a race.

Hispanics now thats different but in this case he was talking about Canadians like you said.

That's my opinion on the matter.

I find being Canadian my ethnic background. So it says no ethnic racist comments.

I think I am interpreting well? I didnt expect you to do anything . But if I was Jewish, and he said go back to Israel, you would do something most probably. But anyways, your server you can interpret rules any way you see fit.

Being a Canadian is a nationality not an ethnic group. You arent interpreting correctly. Even if he said all Canadians are losers or they should all die that's not being racist.

Again I'm born and raised as a Canadian. Don't find this offensive at all
Kill him and tell him to kiss your Canadian butt or something

Asian Jewish blacks hispanics that's race.

If the guy is a chronic verbal abuser then we can take of it but if he says go back to the states you american or go home you canuck there is nothing racist about this.

Definition of ethnicity:
An ethnic group or ethnicity is a population of human beings whose members identify with each other, on the basis of a real or a presumed common genealogy or ancestry.

My ethnic background is Canadian, because my parents were born here. They are Canadian. That makes it a common genealogy / ancestry.

My race, is Canadian. If you tell me go to back to Canada, that's racist.

Usually you guys are very clear with racism, I find it a little disturbing you will allow it in certain circumstances?

Its either no racism or ethnic comments, or not. There is no in between? Or is there for you?

We are clear with racism, being canadian and him telling you to go home is not attacking your race. That's your nationality. Your parents were born here? That's your heritage, your background. Since when being an american, canadian, mexican, french, russian a race? At most being a canadian involves some ethnicity yes, but to tell you to go home and you want a permanent ban for that. A little over the top. What if I told you to go home? And Im canadian would that be racist?

I guess south park blame canada, calling someone a canuck, making fun with the word ABOOT, or even those damn yankees, all that stuff is racist...and we should ban them permanently? Well, would you believe me if I told you people here said I live in an igloo . Or canada is U.S.A.'s hat? None of which i find offensive or racist.

Bottomline was it a nice thing to say? No absolutely not. Is disrespectful what he said ? Sure it is. Borderline attacking your ethnicity. Yes some people would agree with you. You would like me to ban him until he apologizes? Sure if that will make you happy. But no way am I for keeping his ban permanent for something that is NOT attacking your race.

I will get back to you with an answer what we will be doing, i've taken it up with the community but if you want to know what I think, me being born and raised in Toronto Ontario Canada I dont find it offensive at all.

I will lock this thread until we have an answer for you. Thanks

I took up a vote among admins and this was an unanimous decision from the community not to take any action on this player.

Do let us know if this is a reoccurring issue and from there we can give him a timeout.

The troll made an ethno-national comment. Here's an article I find helpful and well written:

http://gladwell.typepad.com/gladwellcom/2006/12/defining_a_raci.html

Following this article, I don't see Content, Intention or Conviction. I see a someone talking smack getting the reaction he desired. He picked a Canadian city and told you to go back there. Maybe you think Regina or Saskatoon are bad places? If he had said Toronto, Montreal, Quebec City, Vancouver, St John's etc...would you still have been offended?

I dont want to argue with you since I dont have any chance of you seeing my point of view. All I know, is that 3 different people told me to report puget in chat because they found his comments racist.

If I told someone black to go to Zimbabwe or any other African country, or someone Jewish to go back to Israel, to me there is no difference as I am a proud Canadian.

Racism is racism, against colored,jewish, and Canadian.

There are no exceptions.

I know it when I see it.

But its your server, so your interpretation.

Thanks

I’m not sure you guys realize who you are dealing with here. Tee is the king of the trolls. Ask anyone on that server what he is known for, and they will tell you his favorite thing is the “your mom” joke. He runs it into the ground almost every round. At least a dozen times or more. It’s tedious. He also likes to joke around about getting people banned. “He killed me with smoke from the uncap, ban him!” is one of his favorites. It was funny the first 40 times or so.

I really doubt he is offended by someone suggesting he go to Regina and Saskatoon. And if he is, it’s pretty funny that the guy who tells us he has sex with our moms is offended by the mention of a place name. It would be like an insult comic getting upset that someone called him a jerk. Poor guy.

Of course any joke repeated too often becomes tedious, so I don’t intend to invoke Regina many more times. Saskatoon is such a fun word, I won’t make any promises about that one, other than I will be judicious about it. I will keep the Canada jokes down to a ratio of about one for every two “mom” jokes from Tee. He sets the bar very high for being a pest on chat, so it shouldn’t be hard for me to stay far below his advanced level of trolling. I always have, it’s just this time he decided to see if he could get me banned for being less annoying in one round than he is in every round. Nice try Tee.

Sorry he wasted your time with this.

Last edited:
I never said anything racist, and I always try to get racists kicked off the server.

So make fun of my mom, or teabag me, but don't mention Canada again.

Thanks

I never said anything racist, and I always try to get racists kicked off the server.

So make fun of my mom, or teabag me, but don't mention Canada again.

Thanks

Your reading comprehension is poor. I never said anything racist either. I can mention Canada as often as I want. Get over yourself, you silly twat.

Last edited:
Came in late, would like to add something to this:

Respect guys, goes along way. You don't have to like someone to work with them (in this case game with them). Obviously offense was taken. Should this situation get out of hand, it will be dealt with accordingly. Let your bullets and Lipton sales do the talking you two! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back