Remove Server Autoban for Kill Rate (BF3 servers)

afruff23

LINK

My friends, Yourseif4 & idodgebull3ts have both been autbanned by the TBG wake BF3 server for having a high kill rate. In both instances, they were US attack chopper gunners and the Russian team had just one flag to spawn on. Personally, I was only there for the time when Yourseif4 was autobanned. His kill rate was 13.12 (per minute?) according to the chatbox.

I think you guys should consider increasing the threshold for an autoban or remove it entirely. 13 kills per minute is not impossible to get legitimately in the right circumstances. You ought to increase it to something like 30 kills per minute if you're trying to catch cheaters.

We are adjusting the threshold but the autoban feature has caught many people who prior went unnoticed or were in fact cheating. That said, one can always file a ban appeal and we'll take an individual look at the ban and decide whether it was a fluke or not.

Thanks for the inputs Afruff. This is a new tool we've been running and once in a while it gets someone who didn't deserve. Unfortunately it didn't come with instructions but I can tell you its more than just 15 kills per minute. There is an algorithm it follows and the kill rate is adjusted over time. I believe the current setting has been adjusted again for you damn chopper whores!

As red said it has been adjusted. It really does help as i see obvious idiots getting caught.

We should have another filter for guys who DIE more then 15 times a minute.....

You are our primary test subject for that one, Supra!
halolz-dot-com-bioshock2-littlesister-analprobe.jpg

Back