Remove Auto-Balance for the BF3 Metro Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteLight593

By forcing players onto the other team, not only does this disrupt squad cohesion and morale - it has in many instances worsened the team balance. The Auto-Balance doesn't selectively switch strong players to the other side; rather, it moves the next random player who dies. Chances are high that the person on the winning team who dies and gets auto-switched is not a strong player, thus making teams even more unbalanced.

its not about choosing a strong or weak player and more making the amount of players on each team even.

its not about choosing a strong or weak player and more making the amount of players on each team even.
If this was the case, the game already has a balancer built in. Players that try to join the stacked team will receive a denial message: "teams will become unbalanced." Players that join the server will automatically be routed to the smaller team.

A poll is not needed for this. I have removed it.

Remove balance plugin feature is worst than have it, the best way to solve it is enable Scrambler Teams after round, let Preset in passive and disable unstacking teams feature. done.

I'm all for a scramble at the end of the round feature as in my experience on this server, most of the regulars that have the ability to turn a round around, would rather baserape and pad stat than switch to help out. Pretty sad for a game of this age but I digress. Those that want to help can only switch once and even that is hard sometimes unless they leave the server and come back. But when its full, that is hard to do. So you can be stuck 2, 3 4 or 5 rounds in a row with the same team getting base raped. KILLA_U_IV mentioned a votenuke option when I was in the server the other day but if the team in question is heavily stacked there isn't much point to that and that can also get abused.

!assist function might help but I've seen that abused as well.

Last edited:
I'm all for a scramble at the end of the round feature as in my experience on this server, most of the regulars that have the ability to turn a round around, would rather baserape and pad stat than switch to help out. Pretty sad for a game of this age but I digress. Those that want to help can only switch once and even that is hard sometimes unless they leave the server and come back. But when its full, that is hard to do. So you can be stuck 2, 3 4 or 5 rounds in a row with the same team getting base raped. KILLA_U_IV mentioned a votenuke option when I was in the server the other day but if the team in question is heavily stacked there isn't much point to that and that can also get abused.

!assist function might help but I've seen that abused as well.

Let the bodies hit the floor.......
We should def have a scrambles, even if it messes those of us who stack teams

Actually the server has been doing a lot of better since it was mistakenly not running DLC.

This late in the game, with less than 1000 players playing bf3, It was sitting on empty for almost a week straight and now a lot better than what it was. Very very hesitant.

All the remaining servers in this game that are doing mediocre are not playing DLC.

Actually the server has been doing a lot of better since it was mistakenly not running DLC.

This late in the game, with less than 1000 players playing bf3, It was sitting on empty for almost a week straight and now a lot better than what it was. Very very hesitant.

All the remaining servers in this game that are doing mediocre are not playing DLC.
Sad face. We're coming on Friday, Saturday night and we can barely get a maybe 20 players on. DLC is what draws them in for us and makes things interesting is there a chance of trialing it for a week with DLC again? or Possibly DLC weekends, Friday, Saturday, Sunday

Last edited:
Have to say I'm not a fan of the new balance settings. It's frustrating if you're trying to play with a friend. Are there any options to "whitelist" certain players from the balancer or stop specific duos or trios from being switched onto separate teams every game.

I could get behind it for the Metro Only server but not for TBG All Maps. Metro is a map/mode that suffers heavily from 2-4 good players squadding up and medic training. Imo, TBG All Maps doesn't suffer from this, much harder for individuals/squads to have the same level of impact. TBG All Maps comes down to who has the god jet pilot or tank pro more than who has "stacked squad".

TLDR: Please consider reverting the auto-balance settings for TBG All Maps server, leave it as is for Metro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back