Razer BlackWidow Keyboard - RIDICULOUS

HeatSurge

Razer | For Gamers. By Gamers.

Does anyone feel like the marketing campaign for this is utterly retarded? I mean how far can you go?

I wish I had the original email blast which had something like "Why waste SECONDS on firing the right key command" or something. I mean, seriously, seconds?

It's probably a nice keyboard, but I'm just really skeptical that the "optimized actuation distance and reduced resistance" will make you better at gaming... that's just ridiculous imo.

Also, who the hell advertises a keyboard that CLICKS as a positive feature? I think so many companies are trying to make their keyboards as silent as possible and here we have Razer's "feedback" from pressing the keys? It's probably gonna be annoying as fuck to be in the same room as someone using that keyboard.

Anyway, rant over... Razer's marketing has always been excessive.

$130 for a keyboard, lol I paid $2.99 for mine and it is still the best keyboard I have ever had.

I think the optimus maximus is already shipping... if you want one :-D

It's basically a piece of art at this point - or at least that's what I think they're going for. Kinda like $1mil prada phones with diamonds and shit...

Yeah, I think it's been shipping since '08, and you're right, at the end of the day...it's a keyboard lulz. And yeah, Razer is over the top with their marketing. I feel all dirty because I own a Razer headset, it pretty much sucks, but it was the only half-way decent over-the-ear headset I could find at a brick and mortar store :(

That Blackwidow is over priced!!! I wouldn't mind getting the $80 keyboard but the Logitech G-15 I have right now is working fine.

Nice Aura

I have the G-15, but don't use one single feature that is not on a standard keyboard. Not real sure why I wasted the money. I do like the backlit keys though that comes in handy.

I'm with you on this one Bob, I have the Razer Lycosa and I haven't set up a single profile. I just like the matte, tactile keys and the back-lit feature. The rest of it, is just fluff for me.

Razer are full of shit, still waiting for this anyway :(

LOL! That's fucking awesome! Hadn't seen that, thanks for the link :-D .

BTW I have a black PS/2 "Microsoft Multimedia" keyboard that I've been using for 4+ years now, and I still absolutely love it and wouldn't trade for anything else at this point...

Nice Aura

I have the G-15, but don't use one single feature that is not on a standard keyboard. Not real sure why I wasted the money. I do like the backlit keys though that comes in handy.

Same here Bob. I have no idea how to setup, but apparently to all those hackusers think I use hotkeys to knife people..lol. I have to has brainz ...is that so wrong?

I like the Razer keyboards. I used the Logitech G series for years and always had problems with keys sticking and becoming unresponsive after about 6 months. I haven't run into that yet with Razer and just like their keyboards a lot better. Then again, I'm a key puncher, hard on keyboards and so far theirs hold up way better than Logitech's stuff.

I like the Razer keyboards. I used the Logitech G series for years and always had problems with keys sticking and becoming unresponsive after about 6 months. I haven't run into that yet with Razer and just like their keyboards a lot better. Then again, I'm a key puncher, hard on keyboards and so far theirs hold up way better than Logitech's stuff.

I feel ya there man...I have heavy hands to and my frekin W key sticks badly...Thats why im looking to get a gaming keyboard soon...I have to use my pocket knife to pop my W key back up...lol

Back