Rather than buy a new battery I went out and bought a peice of shit phone!

RainMotorsports

Leadership
Leadership
I knew when I got my Galaxy S2 that I would probably burn up 1 battery per year and it turns out I was right. This is the second one in 23 months. It kind of pisses me off since my last phones battery survived not the 3 years I tell people a lithium ion battery taken proper care of should but 5. My laptop succumbed right at 3 though. Most people are used to NiCad still for some reason and purposely deep discharge and fail to keep the battery charged. Lithium Ion batteries do not mind being topped off and will only survive so many discharges before losing significant capacity. But with a smart phone its kinda hard not to kill the battery every other day.

Truth is I am doing this because I am getting a Nexus 5 soon and wanted a Backup Phone. So for a starter phone and my backup phone I picked up an Alacatel One Touch Evolve:
one-touch-evolve-front-back.png
Its 3G, has a small battery a shitty 1 Ghz mediatek cpu and on top of it the 4.1 Jelly Bean android is probably more of a curse to performance than a blessing of an offering.

Both that phone (once unlocked) and the Nexus will work fine on AT&T or T-Mobile's HSDPA/HSPA+ network as well as the MVNO's that operate off them. For now since I don't make phone calls im gonna try this out:
0061021463234_500X500.jpg

5GB of data (then throttled to nothing afterwards) for 30 bucks a month. The catch? Only 100 minutes of talk time. I have used 14.5 hours of minutes in 2 years so not really a problem until an emergency crops up. Back when I used heavily I went through 3 to 6GB of data but these days I only use about 1GB a month. Back when I last had T-Mobile they had great coverage here but on prepaid there is no roaming either so that could suck a little.

Bye bye sprint :p Its been real but your WiMax has gone to shit.

whoah, so alcatel actually still is a phone company, i was like what the fuck when i was looking at the shares on my trader

And just think, you was calling me a fool for having the iphone 4s cause the battery doesn't easily detach from the phone. Yet, I have had the phone for 2 years and the battery still lasts me 2-3 days before I need to charge it.

THE LULS ARE ON YOU!!!!!!!!

:)

And just think, you was calling me a fool for having the iphone 4s cause the battery doesn't easily detach from the phone. Yet, I have had the phone for 2 years and the battery still lasts me 2-3 days before I need to charge it.

Lulz are not on me. Lulz is on the world. If the iPhone 4S actually did anything id be worried. I can kill 95% of the phones on the market in 6 hours. I can kill any of the huge battery capacity phones in 10. Once you load up a phone with enough shit to wakelock it the battery aint ever getting rest :p But if your on a 2 year contract the battery better last 2 years or your tearing the phone apart. How about when the cheap chinese cell Apple used swells up? Would be nice to open it and ditch in the nearest trash can but instead your keeping it in your pocket wondering if its gonna catch fire!

I know people who stretch 3 days out of my phone and I can guarantee you they do absolutely nothing with it. Skype and Steam ain't no joke. I use my phone an average of 8 hours a day talking screen on, not in pocket.

I rock maximum brightness too, why the fuck wouldn't I? Oh battery life? Whats battery life :p

you don't really use it much, do you? i've got amis whose batteries die in 5 hours

Not sure if by Walmart plan you meant the one I got or the Walmart family plan. The Walmart family plan is throttled. Supposedly to 900 Kbps. Its still not the worst deal out there but damn Lol.

I might switch up after awhile but that's the nice thing about getting a GSM phone you fucking can. CDMA too spotty on porting. Can't wait till the Nexus is back in stock.

I'm not sure if it's capped, probably yes. 900 KBps isn't that bad though, for a mobile phone network :-D .

I'm thinking of making the switch to Verizon myself. I'm just hesitating--I want a Nexus-type phone except with an SD card.

Isnt that bad heat? Damn lol

This has the 3g only 7 down 5 up modem and on tmobile this is what it pulls inside my work

abary4y7.jpg

I call that not bad. But my 4g wimax on the galaxy s2 used to pull 15 down now 4 would be lucky

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020T using Tapatalk

I'm thinking of making the switch to Verizon myself. I'm just hesitating--I want a Nexus-type phone except with an SD card.
Been on Verizon for about 3 years. Won't go back to AT&T.

You live in cali no one has cell coverage there lol verizon is the only choice.

Meanwhile in this populated state other choices not so bad.

Been on Verizon for about 3 years. Won't go back to AT&T.

I've been on Sprint. In ye olden days, data networks didn't matter because you only used the network to make calls & text. Usually I'm in decent position to do those two things. The problem now is that Sprint's 3G is stupid slow. I'm only spending $71/mo on the phone but I gotta price things out with my new job's benefits.

No kidding here is my sprint 3g
u5y7e5a9.jpg

My 4g wimax which is obsolete and 15 times slower than it was
meryzagy.jpg

And my upload was not normal but T-Mobile 3g I mean what a beauty.
2uhe9edy.jpg

Back