Random Shutdowns. . .

Just_a_noob

Okay, this hasn't happened to me in awhile but it did yesterday.

I was on Suez 24/7, the server was hardly full. I had one decent (what I thought was) dog fight with FAST. He ended up dieing about the same time we lost control of a silo. So I fly over to check it out, I send a few solo TV's in there, then outta no where FAST comes back! TV's me so hard my game shut off and I crashed to desk top. . . wasn't even in Suez anymore! 069

Anyways, what would cause that? I went to PB and did an update, my video drivers were just updated a few weeks ago. I thought my problem was solved till yesterday.

[quote1237641467=Just_a_noob]
O then outta no where FAST comes back! TV's me so hard my game shut off and I crashed to desk top. . . wasn't even in Suez anymore! 069
[/quote1237641467]

That's some funny shit right there, I don't care who you are. Try clearing your cache under my documents>BF2142.

[quote1237647743=Soldier4Real]
. . . Try clearing your cache under my documents>BF2142.

[/quote1237647743]

I have two cache files under my documents>BF2142, one is HttpCache and the other is LogoCache. What one should I attack?

If you want to clean everything, delete all your cache files/folders. Those can be found under My Documents->Battlefield 2142. Delete all of it. You will have to load in the shaders again, but it should fix whatever problem your having. If it doesn't, let us know :).

[quote1237660131=Just_a_noob]
TV's me so hard my game shut off and I crashed to desk top. . . wasn't even in Suez anymore! 069
[/quote1237660131]

LMAO!!!

[quote1237687701=Soulzz]
If you want to clean everything, delete all your cache files/folders. Those can be found under My Documents->Battlefield 2142. Delete all of it. You will have to load in the shaders again, but it should fix whatever problem your having. If it doesn't, let us know :).
[/quote1237687701]

Well, I think it may of worked!! I had the perfect test. I deleted all the cache files like you said, and then jumped into your 24/7 Suez. And wouldn't you know it FAST was on the opposite team. He just so happen to have a TV missile in his back pocket for me. This time when I 'blowed' up I stayed in Suez. Thanks guys!!

YAY problem solved... for now!
Dont know how to help you keep from getting killed by fast though...

LOL.....yeah fast gave me one of those tv's too to-nite. Rite up the kazoo. Then to finish it off he stuck a knife in my back..........lol.

[quote1237724644=cjjeans]
. . . Dont know how to help you keep from getting killed by fast though...
[/quote1237724644]

Is there anyway you can maybe ban him?? Just kidding.
The only way I'm going to get good is by playing with / against you guys. . .

Come join us in vent sometime. We like talking to the people we kill. lol. j/k.

Let us know if you want vent info?

[quote1237755206=Jaws8you]
Come join us in vent sometime. We like talking to the people we kill. lol. j/k.

Let us know if you want vent info?
[/quote1237755206]

HaHa. Right now my MIC is toast. It really sucks cause I just bought this thing for like $50. I'm not sure if its the settings on Vista or the MIC itself. I have to literally YELL into it. I've changed the sensitivity on it and in VISTA, but nothing seems to work. Maybe I should stop being so cheap and just go buy one. . . again!

Back