Questions On Monitors

In the threads I linked above.... I'm interested in the Samsung 2K 144hz models to see what they are like.

For example I'm running a Benq 2k monitor with 1ms response time and 144hz. I keep my fps locked at 144 using config files so there is absolutely no screen tearing. This results in a very fluid, and complete lack of blur even during high motion. This allows me to acquire targets very quickly because I can not only see but I can make out details and react.
@ColdIceShot
Exactly what he said but Dell and 1440p.

Worth mentioning, you NEED to use a Displayport cable, otherwise these hardcore framerates are unattainable.

It should be noted there is no such thing as an LED Computor Monitor. Most LED displays are Billboards. Ive seen some smaller ones :p

LED Monitors are LCD's. It's just denoting the backlight is LED rather than CCFL.

Should also be looking at the panel type. The older TN is common and usually wont be noted. Most people have switched over to IPS. Whats funny is ASUS listed IPS in the Backlight field of the specs and doesn't include those fields on the other monitor.

Biggest complaint with IPS is response time although they've gotten better.

This isn't directed at you but when they went mainstream the response times were what 5ms and people would have rather committed suicide? Sure you are 5ms behind at all times but the pixels change fast enough to support 200 frames per second that it's not even getting (or supporting). If 4ms is a huge advantage to someone I imagine they wear Gunnar glasses too.

Back