Question about the racism autoban bot

Private Investigator

I've noticed people get banned for typos like "swimmnig" and I am wondering whether the bot also picks up on words like "night". And if the bot can recognize a word like "night" what about a non-english word like "tosniglak" (a made up word). Just trying to make sure my friends and I don't accidentally trigger it.

Your Sincerely,
A BF3 Private Investigator

I've noticed people get banned for typos like "swimmnig" and I am wondering whether the bot also picks up on words like "night". And if the bot can recognize a word like "night" what about a non-english word like "tosniglak" (a made up word). Just trying to make sure my friends and I don't accidentally trigger it.

Your Sincerely,
A BF3 Private Investigator

The plugin was written a very long time ago for Bad Company 2. It's pretty rudimentary. There is a good words list which contains most words with nig in it as well as any common misspellings and incidents we have run into.

If you run into it you just need to file an appeal. With the end of hosted BF games I am not sure we will ever develop a new plugin. I tried to push for it during the BF4 launch because Procons update broke the plugins. I was able to fix them and without any C# devs interested here it just stayed.

From seeing it in action, myself and others it has no intelligence. No offence to the coders, but it appears to a fairly simplistic key word trigger. Context has no bearing whats so ever.

However the ability to throw light on the situation, mistake or context through "right of appeal" at least allows ones voice to be heard.

there is a ban appeal in place for a reason. If you look at our ban appeals you would see historically many bans are lifted for typos with no questions.

Common typos are added to a good word list so if someone types that in it will not trigger the word bot.

Back