Product key issue with BF3

Beaver

This is the second day I'm trying to install the bf3 game with like the 5th product key that I've been given by Origin. That sucks so much, it doesn't work again. After I installed the game and I'm ready to play, it say that I cannot use the Product key to activate the game. I don't know what to do cause Origin doesn't also.
I'm pissed... I'm going to the bar :B

Beaver, did you ever change your Origin account name?

WTF...LOL

how the hell is that happening. btw you might have to uninstall the game and have them register the key they give you with your account - then install the game - and try again. try talking to a supervisor - manager - anyone whos not a pawn in that company to get your problem solved. 5 key?!? lol...thats scary

Yeah !!!!! finally
I tried this and it works

from http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3-pc/1445221-could-not-activate.html

so, last night i got my preorder key, sadly, it was a russian extended edition. So today i talked with the EA support and they gave me a Multi Language Limited Edition key (and removed my russian one from origin).

I add the key, all fine, i download and install, all fine ..

i activate ... and it tells me

"We could not activate Battlefield 3 on this computer using the origin account you provided. Please locate your product key to activate the game using your Origin Account"

----

Keep in mind, that i am LOGGED IN my origin account and ADDED THE SERIAL inside that said origin account ...

----

anyone else having that issue ?

Oh and also, why does origin download the game like 4 times (seriously, it took me over an hour @ 100mbit maxed) ? How big of a fail IS origin ?

edit :

figured out a solution (and dont even tell me its illegal or whatever, i have a legit copy of the game)

------------

First :

Block Origin.exe in Firewall Inbound and outbound

then open hosts file (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc)

and add :

127.0.0.1 proxy.novafusion.ea.com

save file and DONE.

you can now launch the game, SP and MP.

way I see it - you paid for your game - tried getting origin support to help - you decided to take matters into your own hands - problem solved.

good job.

enjoy the game its a blast.

I'm having an issue as well, I'm trying to install the physical copy I bought at Best Buy. When I autorun it opens a window asking you if you want to install. I click yes and it opens another window for you to select language, I click on US/Canadian and select next. Then it opens Origins where you have a button to click to install the game. I click install and it opens another Origin window titled "Origin - Activate Battlefield 3". This is where I am stuck. The dialogue box for Activate Batllefield 3 is BLANK. There is nothing in the window, nowhere to enter a code and no buttons to push. I can't install the game without entering the code, but the fucking window is blank. I have gotten on with the Origin live chat help, and I shit you not the first thing the guy said was "take it back to the retailer". ???????? Then he gave me a different activation code, then I further explained that the problem wasn't the activation code, it was that I couldn't even try entering it on the Origin window. Now I'm getting the silent treatment from my live online chat helper. I tried clicking on the "leave my number and call me" button, which of course isn't working for me either. I'm really at the end of my rope with this. I tried downloading the game from Origin last night but Origin seemed to be down and I had to be up for work at 230 this morning. Here is the dialogue from my mind numbing 50 minute excursion into the world of EA product support:

You are now ready to chat with Sajjad.
you: Hello?
you: I purchased BF3 limited edition at Best Buy today and I cannot activate it to load it
you: I could not activate to download a copy from origin digitally last night
you: how can I activate my physical disc copy of the game I bought today?
you: Sajjad?
you: are you there?
you: hello?
you: is there anyone here?
you: almost 10 minutess now since the chat window said you were ready
Sajjad: Hello, this is Game Advisor Sajjad. Thank you for your interest in EA Games. I’m here to assist you with your question.
you: I can't activate the copy of BF3 limited edition that I just bought from Best Buy
you: so I can't even install the game
you: when I autorun the disc, it opens the origin install window
you: I click on install and it opens a blank dialogue box
Sajjad: Please contact your retailer
you: WHAT?
you: why?
you: what am I supposed to tell them?
you: that a website they have no connection to will not allow me to install the software I bought?
Sajjad: Okay be calm
Sajjad: Please give me your email ID , date of birth
you: gopmac@yahoo.com 06-18-1973
you: I tried buying the digital download through Origin last night but it was not working
you: so I bought a physical copy today from Best Buy
Sajjad: Please give me some time to fix the issue.
you: I'm not going anywhere
you: you want me to type back in like five minutes?
Sajjad: What is your platform/
you: PC
you: Windows 7 64 bit
Sajjad: Okay
Sajjad:
Sajjad:
Sajjad: Please use this code
you: Sajjad, the problem isn't that it's rejecting my code, the problem is that I'm not getting a chance to enter the code
you: when I autorun the disk it opens origin
you: and an Origin dialogue box titled "Origin - Activate Battlefield 3"
you: but the dialogue box is empy, nowhere in there to enter an activation code
you: the game install process stops there, I'm assuming until you enter your Activation code
you: but since the dialogue box is blank and without a place to enter the activation code I can't move forward
Sajjad: Please try later
you: what do you mean?
you: is the origin activation service still down?
Sajjad: Try the code after some time
you: it's been 24 hours since I first tried to get the game into origin
you: how long do I have to wait?
you: is there a time frame for the Origin activation servers to be up and running again?
Sajjad: Try after 4 hours
you: you are saying there is something wrong with Origin that you think they will have fixed in 4 hours?
you: like a known issue that is actively being worked on?
Sajjad: I have given you a new code
Sajjad: You have to redeem it
Sajjad: If it is not redeemed please try after some time
you: I didn't get the code
you: did you email it to me?
Sajjad: BHPX-KCP7-6WLY-5P7P-Y2KS
you: okay,
Sajjad: Do you see it now
you: yeah I see it now
you: is there any reason my original in box code shoulnd't work?
you: it hasn't been denied, I haven't been able to even enter it
you: can I leave my number for an EA expert to call me?
you: I'm trying to use that function in origins and it's not working
you: ?
you: Are you still here?
you: You really are an EA games advisor.

cant help any of you, but damn 2k views, this forum has good results on search engines i see.

Well I don't know what happened, but now after hours of dinking with this issue I can now read and write my product code into the activation window. Game is installing. I am beginning to suspect that EA randomly selects 29.7% of it's customer base to fuck with to the point of rage induced coma. This may be the nerd version of autoerotic asphyxiation only in reverse and on someone else...

Well I don't know what happened, but now after hours of dinking with this issue I can now read and write my product code into the activation window. Game is installing. I am beginning to suspect that EA randomly selects 29.7% of it's customer base to fuck with to the point of rage induced coma. This may be the nerd version of autoerotic asphyxiation only in reverse and on someone else...
EA is just helping out their liquor store buddies. This crap is intended to force you to drink a liter of vodka each night (until it's fixed).

the problem is from our computers,its a network problem make this settings
Goto your network settings.

Click on the network adapter you are using.

Goto Properties.

In the the list , find IPV6 and UNCHECK THE BOX

After this reinstall origin,install battlefield 3,when activation box comes up,log with your ea account,and its gonna work,today i bought the game and i had this problem,i found on battlelog this fix,it didn`t work only after i reinstalled origin and the game,give this fix further

Back