problems with BC2

Outlaw

so i bought bc2 today and am having some problems with it.. i talk to some of the guys in vent and i couldnt really come up with a fix. the problem im having is a white screen, i did alot of research on it and nothing helped/fixed the problem.. any ways my computer is quite new about 2 months old, and i just recently picked up a gtx 560 ti.. so far the only game i have problems playing are BC2... at first it was a problem with my fans, a wire was blocking the fans from rotating.. so i fixed that, restarted bc2, still had the white screen problem.. then i downloaded speed fan, and saw my gpu was about 53 so i asked on vent what others where and i herd one of the guys say they hada gtx 580 running at 70.. so i dont think heat is a problem here..

so when i get the white screen, i can still hear audio.. has any one had this problem if so howd you fix it?.. thanks

It could be a driver issue. Are you on the latest drivers?

Try going beyond the video driver; one time it was my network driver that kept a game from loading. Mow when you say white screen do you mean at the opening video (as in you never see anything) or upon joining a game. Either way, I would check ALL drivers for your system (driveragent might help) being particularyly cautious of sound. Are you running a sound card or on board audio?

Try going beyond the video driver; one time it was my network driver that kept a game from loading. Mow when you say white screen do you mean at the opening video (as in you never see anything) or upon joining a game. Either way, I would check ALL drivers for your system (driveragent might help) being particularyly cautious of sound. Are you running a sound card or on board audio?

on board audio.. um basicly i join a game, after like 6-10 mins it will go white screen.. so im playing doesnt matter if these is intense action or if a just re spawned it will go white screen

EDIT: resuluts form driver agent: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti - BAD
AMD SATA Controller- BAD
802.11n Wireless LAN Card -BAD
Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller -BAD
Realtek High Definition Audio -BAD
Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader Download Mode -BAD

i dont understand how my gtx 560 drivers are bad.. i just installed then..

Have you tried changing your screen resolution in your settings.

If can't get to settings ingame try going to your settings.cfg file in your BFBC2 folder located in your documents folder.

Best thing to do is to try 800x600 and use that for awhile. Sometimes even the most powerfullest graphics cards have issues. I have a GeForce GTX 295 and I had same problem with mine, but turned out that setting in my graphics card was set wrong and make white screen for anygame set to a certain res.

I think your video card is over heating man. Turn some settings down or blast the fans. I am a fan Nazi and i don't really care about noise so after I cranked it to 100% it stopped.
I had problems like this with my gtx when I bought it but after running the fans at 100 it stopped.
But I also don't care whatsoever about noise. It sounds like I have a small aircraft in my computer room. I like it . It lets me know its there and everything is working;)

how do you turn the fans up? id rather play with every thing on high, because thats what my card is supposed to support..

Let's step back. What case do you have and what is around the card? A picture would help. Also, what type of motherboard?

Let's step back. What case do you have and what is around the card? A picture would help. Also, what type of motherboard?

i have a hp

Motherboard Specifications, N-Alvorix-RS880-uATX (Alvorix) HP Pavilion p6610f Desktop PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

its pretty tight fitting in there maybe the problem? but the heat you feel around the sides is just as hot as a normal computer...

SP_A0412.jpg

SP_A0413.jpg

Nvidia's GeForce GTX 560 Ti graphics processor - The Tech Report - Page 2

Couple of things you can look at. What is your power supply rated at? I only ask because according to that link of your motherboard, your rig came with onboard graphics, which would suggest a small power supply. Your card (hence the link) has a peak draw of 170 watts, compared to around 50 watts (I think) from onboard graphics. Another thing (sorry if this sounds stupid) do you have the power connectors plugged into your card? One last thing: some boards with onboard graphics get cranky if you add a dedicated card without disabling the onboard video in the bios. Usually this is set to auto, but now and then you run into issues. Good luck!

Edit: I think I see you have power going to it in the 2nd pic. 2 6 pins, right?

Last edited:
Nvidia's GeForce GTX 560 Ti graphics processor - The Tech Report - Page 2

Couple of things you can look at. What is your power supply rated at? I only ask because according to that link of your motherboard, your rig came with onboard graphics, which would suggest a small power supply. Your card (hence the link) has a peak draw of 170 watts, compared to around 50 watts (I think) from onboard graphics. Another thing (sorry if this sounds stupid) do you have the power connectors plugged into your card? One last thing: some boards with onboard graphics get cranky if you add a dedicated card without disabling the onboard video in the bios. Usually this is set to auto, but now and then you run into issues. Good luck!

Edit: I think I see you have power going to it in the 2nd pic. 2 6 pins, right?

yep, had to update power supply when i bought the new card went from 250 to 550.. amd the on board graphics dissabled it self. i just downloaded the nvidia tools driver, the fans were auto set at 23% so i increased them to 75%.. ill see how it goes and let ya all know.. edit was heat issue, looking into gettinga bigger / more cooler case

Back