Problem seeing awards in my BFHQ?

Halo549

Does anyone have this problem?
When playing BF2142 go to the place to see your achievements.
And look at badges and click on one.
Does the game crash to desktop on you?
I reinstalled the game same problem.

Never had that problem. Maybe Soulzz will be able to help.

I'm having this problem, but luckily I don't have to look at that.

Just use 2142-stats.com if you can't get it to work... PITA to update quickly and it's often down, but it's the best 3rd party out there for 2142... You could also use the good 'ol battlefield.com

The problem with CTD with clicking on award is that you installed the full 1.5 patch; to resolve this problem reinstall game install 1.4 patch then install 1.4-1.5 incremental patch.

If you install the incremental, you're likely to not be able to play Northern Strike though... if you care (not sure).

This is how you can play Northern Strike; the full 1.5 after nothern strike will give you modified content error message

This problem is recent. Never had it before.
This is my usual install/reinstall process.
Main DVD, 1.25 patch, NS addon,1.5 full patch.
Usualy no problems.
If i get the dreaded NS unmodified content messages I usualy
go into the registry and edit the version 1.5 to 1.1 and run the
1.5 full patch and that fixes the NS problem.

I fixed it doing the patches this way.
Install game 1.0-1.10.
Install Full 1.4 Final version EA calls it.
Install the Northern Strike addon.
Install the 1.4-1.5 incramental. <-- This gets you no awards crashing but NO Northern Strike play.
Use regedit to make the version number say 1.10 instead of 1.5.
Install the full 1.5 patch.
Now you can get Northern Strike to work with no unmodified content messages.
And NO awards crashing.

Lulz....
Yeah I never did the incremental thing...
O well. Dont give a shit for viewing awards in-game...

I'm glad you had to time to figure that our for yourself. The 1.4 path after installiton and 1.4-1.5 worked perfect to view and play NS. Most forum reads will direct you this way; but, then most forums only give opinion and not fact. I'm not sure if I would even want to test your method; first, who wants to wait for patches to download; second, waiting for the patches to install, and just to see an award. Come on you played this game long enough you can go to Battlefield stats; it is actually a hella lot better than EA version, it gives you more info about progress, etc.. Installing 4 patches seems really unnecessary; but to each their own.

A lot of people that purchaced the Deluxe version have the modified content problem after patching to 1.5.
I figure i'll solve both problems once and for all.
I also have a smokin fast system and this process only took about 25 minutes.

Back