Pokemon (Gotta Catch Em All)

jollygreendino

So holy smokes, the Pokemon Go craze seems to be dying down a bit. The core mechanic of Pokemon Go is a bit of an issue for me since 5 years of living in West Philadelphia ingrained a serious aversion to excessive phone use while walking, but my inner passion for Pokemon was completely reignited.

Soooo I just ordered a 2DS and a copy of Alpha Sapphire to get my Pokerocks off. Talk poke to me.

I grew up playing this. That was then.... this is now. I refuse to get involved. I find it far more entertaining watching flocks of people holding their phones out like a cyber witch's coven walk into signs on the sidewalk

I grew up playing this. That was then.... this is now. I refuse to get involved. I find it far more entertaining watching flocks of people holding their phones out like a cyber witch's coven walk into signs on the sidewalk
I saw someone stop their car (right at a light change) in the middle of a 4 way, 6 lane highway intersection.... holding their phone up and tapping the screen.... All that was going through mine and my friends head was we could hit him and get the insurance claim from it on my friends crappy truck...

oh come on, give in a become a drone. I played the original magic the gathering and stopped when I was a kid. Never understood the Pokemon phenomenon when it first came out in the US. I do not get how adults are now playing this game? Unless they are a Nintendo stock holder and were trying to make a quick dollar. I can't believe Nintendo is now worth more than All Sony Divisions combined because of this game. I can see how it might be fun finding a rare character searching for them by actually getting of there ass and walking around (which is a good thing health wise for some people) but the actual game is mediocre.

If you want to go searching for something, I highly recommend people buy a outdoor GPS and go Geocaching. It is very fun if you have a offroad vehicle or DirtBike/ATV/UTV. It gets you in the real outdoors and gives you a true sense of accomplishment if you find the Geocache *aka treasure*. You would be amazed how many geocaches are near where you live. If you are not familiar what a geocache is, it is usually a ammo box where you put something into it (this can be literally anything from pennies to action figures) and fill out the log book inside the ammo box saying what date time and who you are into it. Garmin makes some excellent outdoor GPS's. I have a rhino 540T and a Oregon 600. My 540T is also a 2 way radio that works up to 25 miles, the oregon has excellent map detail.

I have found it to be an awesome thing. Yes, people are going to be stupid, but they didn't need a Pokemon game to do that...

I have found great conversations with people I never would have even batted an eye towards in the past. It's motivated me to get out on the days I don't feel like it. It's gotten me to reconnect with people I hadn't seen in a long time. One gal I met said it had brought her closer to her son.

Everythign has it's positives and it's negatives. I refuse to let someone take from something that has brought me a lot of fun, and helped me in my efforts to lose weight.

I chose to be the very best, like no one ever was...

3cfda4998fbe5532b52da0802b63a5cb.png
a1267efd9d8ae4a1911e08c6feea3c96.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My son was out with one of his housemates and their lady friends and wrecked on his bike. Really road rashed his knee, ankle, and shoulder but did not break his phone. I remember falling down while intoxicated when I was his age. How things have changed.

People are gonna be dumb with one thing or another, this is just a way of expediting the process for some...

Back