Piss off, at my computer.

squirrel17404p

Honorary Member
This morning I got up the hit the power on my computer, turn off night before just to reset cache, and a spark come out and trip the circuit breakers. Reset c.b. plugged back in and blew them again. Open up the computer to see if I could what fried. I could smell it. I was thinking great dead computer. I couldn't see anything fired on the mother board, so I thought about putting the old 550 power supply in and trying it. I knew if it did work the computer was dead. When I pulled out the new 850 I smelled it. My new power supple was toost. I put the old one in and worked. Now I'm out $130. I don't have the reciept, box, etc. to return it. At least I'm not out a whole computer!

That sucks big time Squirrel. Did you buy it online or locally? I know I have returned stuff to Newegg without any of that.

its cool that its still working. that last one that did that to me was dead and never worked again.

That is one hell of a surge +30A; who was the manuf. of that PS?

That sucks man. That happen to my Fatality AN8 SLI and fired up with a new P.S. but blew the sound card. Well so I thought. Put a new sound card in it. To still have no sound :( Anyone have a old 939 board thay want to sell?

Umm actually I do have a DFI NF4 SLI-DR Expert in perfect condition which I was using until a year ago this time... How much are you willing to pay for it? :-d

Just a suggestion Go to the store you bought the PSu from buy another one identical take the frazzed on out put the new on in then take the frazzed one back to the store and say it dont work get money back works a treat where im from

That sucks man. That happen to my Fatality AN8 SLI and fired up with a new P.S. but blew the sound card. Well so I thought. Put a new sound card in it. To still have no sound :( Anyone have a old 939 board thay want to sell?

Yes, actually I do.

I think I'm just to stick with I have in the system. It likes it and is working. Don't want to screw a good thing. My hydro cooling of the processor is working good. Knock on my wife...

Well, for future purchases I can highly recommend PC Power & Cooling-best PSU I ever had. Also Corsair's PSUs are rock solid. Enermax has very reliable and quiet ones too. I've never tried the Thermaltake ones, but most of the reviews I've read of them have been positive.

Unfortunately, the PSUs sometimes bit the big one. I had a Seasonic one completely die on me after about 6 months. They were great about replacing it with a new one, but I didn't trust them after that.

believe it or not but i have a sunbeam 750w psu, admittedly it's only been about 6 months, but no problems so far.; also the psu was cheap and has a light in it i can turn off independantly.

believe it or not but i have a sunbeam 750w psu

I'll be honest admit right now-you're a braver man than I am. I would be too afraid to plug that into my MB. Good luck and may the force be with you.

Back