Picked up a Logitech G700 Mouse (Wired OR Wireless Mouse Rechargable & AA Powered)

RainMotorsports

Leadership
Leadership
I used to use the later pictured MX Rev until I found out how bad its laser was on... anything but glass. I have been rocking a used Dynex that performed WAY better until I could get a new mouse. My vacation pay came a month early and despite everything I went and spent 100 bucks on the G700.

Battery
First thing that surprised me was the use of a Rechargeable AA. The mouse will charge the battery off the USB cable. But this also means quick swaps and no worries on replacing a bad battery. They were nice enough to use the Sanyo Eneloop which is a precharged NiMH meaning a mouse sitting on the shelf for 6 months is probably still ready to rock and roll.

Wired Use and charging
Despite the 1000/s polling rate on par with wired gaming mice I know you are ready to knock it for being wireless. But why look again, oh shit its wired thats right. Unlike my MX and despite the replaceable AA I can charge and play at the same time. The cord is a bit thicker than a normal wired mouse and may be of concern I had no more or less problems on my crowded desk. The wire is built for this mouse but it should be somewhat replaceable.

Overall

I was pleased with the size and feel in comparison to the MX Rev. The sides are textured and can be handy though the MX Rev had rubber in the same areas. The replaceable battery is a relief and so is the wired charging. The NANO reciever is an absolute blessing compared to the MX Rev. An extension for the receiver comes with the mouse and its probably meant more so for the desktop users.

The Scroll wheel is like that of the MX Rev and mice that came since it where you can click into a free spin. But like the G9x it is manual with the button being on the top side of the G700. I don't like small buttons they serve you best in maybe RTS and RPG games but in the fast pace action they can get mashed. The laser is so much better on normal surfaces than the DarkField laser meant for glass and used in the MX Rev and MX Anywhere which I have used both.

I will post an indepth review on NoteBookReview sometime in the near future.

Edited to add pic of the extension.

Nice pictures and write up, I look forward to hearing what your thoughts are after you've been gaming with it for a bit. I have been using an MX1000 for years and keep toying with the idea of replacing it.

Nice pictures and write up, I look forward to hearing what your thoughts are after you've been gaming with it for a bit. I have been using an MX1000 for years and keep toying with the idea of replacing it.

Well if you happen to have a smoked glass desk my MX Rev is for sale LOL.

If your MX1000 is still working then only reason to replace it is for performance maybe. If the battery goes out on it you can pretty much replace it with any 3.7 volt phone battery that will fit in the same spot just need to solder the connector onto the new battery. But at that point there are inexpensive options that make that seem silly. http://www.slicksurf.com/ has mouse feet if u need em.

Thanks for the info on the battery and the feet, I already bought a set of replacement pads from Hyperglide which I have not yet needed to swap. I am on my second MX1000, gave my old non-bluetooth on to my ex as a parting gift and just started using this MX5000 combo last summer. I also have an MX610 but I don't like the button layout for gaming...

I just got myself a Logitec G500, moved up from the MX518, but the one thing I really don't like is all the buttons and wheel are further back then they were on the MX518, it cramps my hand to use it for a long time (I have big hands and need a big mouse). Anyone know if the buttons and wheel on the G700 are as far back as the G500?

Back