Physical health...

Snakebabies

...does mentality have affect on a persons well being? Allow me to clarify:
If a person has a physical ailment( disease/cancer), and it ends up being incurable, does the thought of knowing you have it affect your life in a negative/positive way? Or would one be better off NOT knowing they have an incurable ailment?

I wouldnt mind hearing some input, but I dont want to hear about experiences with friends or family(for I have seen the affect on friends and family), I would like to hear some thoughts on the physical:mental ratio of knowing vs not knowing....

I think knowing could be very devastating or very positive depending on the person. Also not knowing could drive you nuts like why the fuck am I always sick, or why does this pain never go away and the not knowing.

not knowing man. good point. But knowing would create a fixation in your brain....almost like the cut on the roof of your mouth would only heal if you could stop tonguing it? **edit clarification** a state of "mass hysteria" within oneself

Knowing you are going to be "gone" from this world at some point whether it is from old age to a terminal illness the moment you accept it for what it is you can strive yourself to full fill your dreams. At least that is what i think. Everyone is different some would pray, some would travel. If my time card is getting punched out early i would like to know >.<

I think in a different vane, that if you are mentally unhealthy it can and often does manifest itself physically. For example if you are depressed it can cause physical lethargy or exhaustion and cause an insomnia problem, or if you are stressed out it can and for a lot of people does wreak havoc on your immune system causing all kinds of shit like colds and flu's etc.

I think if you knew, you'd pass (internally) through the 5 stages of grief: Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance. If you didn't know, as previously mentioned, you'd be questioning why you're always sick, etc. It really depends on the individual--huddled in a corner lamenting the "what if's" and "if only I had's", or "fuck it, imma check out with all the hookers and blow I can afford". It's a pretty specific and personal journey.

Yes. yes it does.

The mind and body are directly related. and in my personal beliefs as is the spirit.

when you mind is not healthy, your body is not healthy and vice versa.

additionally, poor health of a personal friend, loved one or family member can also deteriorate your own mental, emotional and physical health.

Remember when I talked about dreaming, sleep and brain chemistry? well in shorthand: emotions have a physical footprint in your body known as stressors. for example:

Good Stressors:

1. Kissing the woman you love before you go off to work, or go to bed
2. Getting off of the Airplane after 9 months at fobs shank and landing in America.
3. Having and Awesome/Amazing boss.
4. Getting laid.

Bad Stressors:

1. Shitty/hostile work environment with a bad boss
2. Stagnation in the work place, incompetent/retarded co-workers
3. Miss behaving children in public
4. 107mm Rockets.
5. Financial trouble
6. Not getting laid

both good and bad stress contribute to your mental state, your equilibrium, and balance as previously stated: affect your physical health.

examples of how your physical health can suffer from bad mental/emotional stress:

1. loss of hair
2. Insomnia
3. high blood pressure
4. weight gain
5. weakened immune system
6. headaches

examples of how your physical health can suffer from bad mental/emotional stress:

1. lower blood pressure
2. general feeling of being relaxed/content
3. healthier looking skin
4. ease of getting to sleep.

etc.

here's picture for you:

spiral.jpg

the bottom line is:

Stress with physically deteriorate your physical well being and vice versa.

To get one back on track I suggest the following to reduce your stress:

1. eat healthy, refreshing meals
2. Sleep at least 6-8 hours. THIS IS A MUST
3. limit your caffine intake to 2 cups of coffee a day or less
4. Excercise, frequently (not just at PT for my DoD Buddies)
5. Sterilize your sleep enviroment, meaning the only thing that you do in your bed room or bed is sleep. that's IT.

also you could be suffering from fatigue, chronic fatigue or motivational burnout.

PM me for more information/venting if you need to.

Also... before I forget.

get you one of these:

take it with you where ever you go it seriously reduced my stress by at least half.

solar flower.jpg

Lol... I meant like don't do your taxes in your bed, study shit for work/do work in the bedroom. (unless you are a hooker which is a paradox) don't blast loud crazy music in your bedroom.

and have your bed room a place you only go to sleep, not to hangout during the day.

Back